SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE 13.2 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
Following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2016-0728: A reference leak in keyring handling with join_session_keyring() could lead to local attackers gain root privileges. (bsc#962075).
- CVE-2015-7550: A local user could have triggered a race between read and revoke in keyctl (bnc#958951).
- CVE-2015-8569: The (1) pptp_bind and (2) pptp_connect functions in drivers/net/ppp/pptp.c in the Linux kernel did not verify an address length, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism via a crafted application (bnc#959190).
- CVE-2015-8543: The networking implementation in the Linux kernel did not validate protocol identifiers for certain protocol families, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL function pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly gain privileges by leveraging CLONE_NEWUSER support to execute a crafted SOCK_RAW application (bnc#958886).
- CVE-2014-8989: The Linux kernel did not properly restrict dropping of supplemental group memberships in certain namespace scenarios, which allowed local users to bypass intended file permissions by leveraging a POSIX ACL containing an entry for the group category that is more restrictive than the entry for the other category, aka a 'negative groups' issue, related to kernel/groups.c, kernel/uid16.c, and kernel/user_namespace.c (bnc#906545).
- CVE-2015-5157: arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S in the Linux kernel on the x86_64 platform mishandles IRET faults in processing NMIs that occurred during userspace execution, which might allow local users to gain privileges by triggering an NMI (bnc#937969).
- CVE-2015-7799: The slhc_init function in drivers/net/slip/slhc.c in the Linux kernel through 4.2.3 did not ensure that certain slot numbers are valid, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted PPPIOCSMAXCID ioctl call (bnc#949936).
- CVE-2015-8104: The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel through 4.2.6, and Xen 4.3.x through 4.6.x, allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS panic or hang) by triggering many #DB (aka Debug) exceptions, related to svm.c (bnc#954404).
- CVE-2015-5307: The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel through 4.2.6, and Xen 4.3.x through 4.6.x, allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS panic or hang) by triggering many #AC (aka Alignment Check) exceptions, related to svm.c and vmx.c (bnc#953527).
- CVE-2014-9529: Race condition in the key_gc_unused_keys function in security/keys/gc.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption or panic) or possibly have unspecified other impact via keyctl commands that trigger access to a key structure member during garbage collection of a key (bnc#912202).
- CVE-2015-7990: Race condition in the rds_sendmsg function in net/rds/sendmsg.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by using a socket that was not properly bound. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2015-6937 (bnc#952384 953052).
- CVE-2015-6937: The __rds_conn_create function in net/rds/connection.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by using a socket that was not properly bound (bnc#945825).
- CVE-2015-7885: The dgnc_mgmt_ioctl function in drivers/staging/dgnc/dgnc_mgmt.c in the Linux kernel through 4.3.3 did not initialize a certain structure member, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a crafted application (bnc#951627).
- CVE-2015-8215: net/ipv6/addrconf.c in the IPv6 stack in the Linux kernel did not validate attempted changes to the MTU value, which allowed context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (packet loss) via a value that is (1) smaller than the minimum compliant value or (2) larger than the MTU of an interface, as demonstrated by a Router Advertisement (RA) message that is not validated by a daemon, a different vulnerability than CVE-2015-0272. NOTE: the scope of CVE-2015-0272 is limited to the NetworkManager product (bnc#955354).
- CVE-2015-8767: A case can occur when sctp_accept() is called by the user during a heartbeat timeout event after the 4-way handshake. Since sctp_assoc_migrate() changes both assoc->base.sk and assoc->ep, the bh_sock_lock in sctp_generate_heartbeat_event() will be taken with the listening socket but released with the new association socket. The result is a deadlock on any future attempts to take the listening socket lock.
- CVE-2015-8575: Validate socket address length in sco_sock_bind() to prevent information leak (bsc#959399).
- CVE-2015-8551, CVE-2015-8552: xen/pciback: For XEN_PCI_OP_disable_msi[|x] only disable if device has MSI(X) enabled (bsc#957990).
- CVE-2015-8550: Compiler optimizations in the XEN PV backend drivers could have lead to double fetch vulnerabilities, causing denial of service or arbitrary code execution (depending on the configuration) (bsc#957988).
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- ALSA: hda - Disable 64bit address for Creative HDA controllers (bnc#814440).
- ALSA: hda - Fix noise problems on Thinkpad T440s (boo#958504).
- Input: aiptek - fix crash on detecting device without endpoints (bnc#956708).
- KEYS: Make /proc/keys unconditional if CONFIG_KEYS=y (boo#956934).
- KVM: x86: update masterclock values on TSC writes (bsc#961739).
- NFS: Fix a NULL pointer dereference of migration recovery ops for v4.2 client (bsc#960839).
- apparmor: allow SYS_CAP_RESOURCE to be sufficient to prlimit another task (bsc#921949).
- blktap: also call blkif_disconnect() when frontend switched to closed (bsc#952976).
- blktap: refine mm tracking (bsc#952976).
- cdrom: Random writing support for BD-RE media (bnc#959568).
- genksyms: Handle string literals with spaces in reference files (bsc#958510).
- ipv4: Do not increase PMTU with Datagram Too Big message (bsc#955224).
- ipv6: distinguish frag queues by device for multicast and link-local packets (bsc#955422).
- ipv6: fix tunnel error handling (bsc#952579).
- route: Use ipv4_mtu instead of raw rt_pmtu (bsc#955224).
- uas: Add response iu handling (bnc#954138).
- usbvision fix overflow of interfaces array (bnc#950998).
- x86/evtchn: make use of PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq.
- xen/pciback: Do not allow MSI-X ops if PCI_COMMAND_MEMORY is not set (bsc#957990 XSA-157).
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.