New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE 13.1 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
Following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2016-0728: A reference leak in keyring handling with join_session_keyring() could lead to local attackers gain root privileges. (bsc#962075).
- CVE-2015-7550: A local user could have triggered a race between read and revoke in keyctl (bnc#958951).
- CVE-2015-8569: The (1) pptp_bind and (2) pptp_connect functions in drivers/net/ppp/pptp.c in the Linux kernel did not verify an address length, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism via a crafted application (bnc#959190).
- CVE-2015-8543: The networking implementation in the Linux kernel did not validate protocol identifiers for certain protocol families, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL function pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly gain privileges by leveraging CLONE_NEWUSER support to execute a crafted SOCK_RAW application (bnc#958886).
- CVE-2014-8989: The Linux kernel did not properly restrict dropping of supplemental group memberships in certain namespace scenarios, which allowed local users to bypass intended file permissions by leveraging a POSIX ACL containing an entry for the group category that is more restrictive than the entry for the other category, aka a 'negative groups' issue, related to kernel/groups.c, kernel/uid16.c, and kernel/user_namespace.c (bnc#906545).
- CVE-2015-5157: arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S in the Linux kernel on the x86_64 platform mishandles IRET faults in processing NMIs that occurred during userspace execution, which might allow local users to gain privileges by triggering an NMI (bnc#937969).
- CVE-2015-7799: The slhc_init function in drivers/net/slip/slhc.c in the Linux kernel through 4.2.3 did not ensure that certain slot numbers are valid, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted PPPIOCSMAXCID ioctl call (bnc#949936).
- CVE-2015-8104: The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel through 4.2.6, and Xen 4.3.x through 4.6.x, allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS panic or hang) by triggering many #DB (aka Debug) exceptions, related to svm.c (bnc#954404).
- CVE-2015-5307: The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel through 4.2.6, and Xen 4.3.x through 4.6.x, allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS panic or hang) by triggering many #AC (aka Alignment Check) exceptions, related to svm.c and vmx.c (bnc#953527).
- CVE-2014-9529: Race condition in the key_gc_unused_keys function in security/keys/gc.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption or panic) or possibly have unspecified other impact via keyctl commands that trigger access to a key structure member during garbage collection of a key (bnc#912202).
- CVE-2015-7990: Race condition in the rds_sendmsg function in net/rds/sendmsg.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by using a socket that was not properly bound. NOTE: this vulnerability exists because of an incomplete fix for CVE-2015-6937 (bnc#952384 953052).
- CVE-2015-6937: The __rds_conn_create function in net/rds/connection.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by using a socket that was not properly bound (bnc#945825).
- CVE-2015-7885: The dgnc_mgmt_ioctl function in drivers/staging/dgnc/dgnc_mgmt.c in the Linux kernel through 4.3.3 did not initialize a certain structure member, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a crafted application (bnc#951627).
- CVE-2015-8215: net/ipv6/addrconf.c in the IPv6 stack in the Linux kernel did not validate attempted changes to the MTU value, which allowed context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (packet loss) via a value that is (1) smaller than the minimum compliant value or (2) larger than the MTU of an interface, as demonstrated by a Router Advertisement (RA) message that is not validated by a daemon, a different vulnerability than CVE-2015-0272. NOTE: the scope of CVE-2015-0272 is limited to the NetworkManager product (bnc#955354).
- CVE-2015-8767: A case can occur when sctp_accept() is called by the user during a heartbeat timeout event after the 4-way handshake. Since sctp_assoc_migrate() changes both assoc->base.sk and assoc->ep, the bh_sock_lock in sctp_generate_heartbeat_event() will be taken with the listening socket but released with the new association socket. The result is a deadlock on any future attempts to take the listening socket lock.
- CVE-2015-8575: Validate socket address length in sco_sock_bind() to prevent information leak (bsc#959399).
- CVE-2015-8551, CVE-2015-8552: xen/pciback: For XEN_PCI_OP_disable_msi[|x] only disable if device has MSI(X) enabled (bsc#957990).
- CVE-2015-8550: Compiler optimizations in the XEN PV backend drivers could have lead to double fetch vulnerabilities, causing denial of service or arbitrary code execution (depending on the configuration) (bsc#957988).
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- ALSA: hda - Disable 64bit address for Creative HDA controllers (bnc#814440).
- ALSA: hda - Fix noise problems on Thinkpad T440s (boo#958504).
- Input: aiptek - fix crash on detecting device without endpoints (bnc#956708).
- KEYS: Make /proc/keys unconditional if CONFIG_KEYS=y (boo#956934).
- KVM: x86: update masterclock values on TSC writes (bsc#961739).
- NFS: Fix a NULL pointer dereference of migration recovery ops for v4.2 client (bsc#960839).
- apparmor: allow SYS_CAP_RESOURCE to be sufficient to prlimit another task (bsc#921949).
- blktap: also call blkif_disconnect() when frontend switched to closed (bsc#952976).
- blktap: refine mm tracking (bsc#952976).
- cdrom: Random writing support for BD-RE media (bnc#959568).
- genksyms: Handle string literals with spaces in reference files (bsc#958510).
- ipv4: Do not increase PMTU with Datagram Too Big message (bsc#955224).
- ipv6: distinguish frag queues by device for multicast and link-local packets (bsc#955422).
- ipv6: fix tunnel error handling (bsc#952579).
- route: Use ipv4_mtu instead of raw rt_pmtu (bsc#955224).
- uas: Add response iu handling (bnc#954138).
- usbvision fix overflow of interfaces array (bnc#950998).
- x86/evtchn: make use of PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq.
- xen/pciback: Do not allow MSI-X ops if PCI_COMMAND_MEMORY is not set (bsc#957990 XSA-157).
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.