SUSE SLES11 Security Update : MozillaFirefox, mozilla-nspr, mozilla-nss (SUSE-SU-2015:1978-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 86868
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis Mozilla Firefox, NSS and NSPR update fixes the following security and non security issues.
- mozilla-nspr was updated to version 4.10.10 (bsc#952810)
- MFSA 2015-133/CVE-2015-7183 (bmo#1205157) NSPR memory corruption issues
- mozilla-nss was updated to 18.104.22.168 (bsc#952810)
- MFSA 2015-133/CVE-2015-7181/CVE-2015-7182 (bmo#1192028, bmo#1202868) NSS and NSPR memory corruption issues
- Mozilla Firefox was updated to 38.4.0 ESR (bsc#952810)
- MFSA 2015-116/CVE-2015-4513 (bmo#1107011, bmo#1191942, bmo#1193038, bmo#1204580, bmo#1204669, bmo#1204700, bmo#1205707, bmo#1206564, bmo#1208665, bmo#1209471, bmo#1213979) Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:42.0 / rv:38.4)
- MFSA 2015-122/CVE-2015-7188 (bmo#1199430) Trailing whitespace in IP address hostnames can bypass same-origin policy
- MFSA 2015-123/CVE-2015-7189 (bmo#1205900) Buffer overflow during image interactions in canvas
- MFSA 2015-127/CVE-2015-7193 (bmo#1210302) CORS preflight is bypassed when non-standard Content-Type headers are received
- MFSA 2015-128/CVE-2015-7194 (bmo#1211262) Memory corruption in libjar through zip files
- MFSA 2015-131/CVE-2015-7198/CVE-2015-7199/CVE-2015-7200 (bmo#1204061, bmo#1188010, bmo#1204155) Vulnerabilities found through code inspection
- MFSA 2015-132/CVE-2015-7197 (bmo#1204269) Mixed content WebSocket policy bypass through workers
- MFSA 2015-133/CVE-2015-7181/CVE-2015-7182/CVE-2015-7183 (bmo#1202868, bmo#1192028, bmo#1205157) NSS and NSPR memory corruption issues
- fix printing on landscape media (bsc#908275)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP2-LTSS :
zypper in -t patch slessp2-firefox-20151104-12203=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP2 :
zypper in -t patch dbgsp2-firefox-20151104-12203=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.