New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox was updated to version 42.0, fixing bugs and security issues. Mozilla xulrunner was updated to xulrunner 38.4.0. SeaMonkey was updated to 2.39.
New features in Mozilla Firefox :
- Private Browsing with Tracking Protection blocks certain Web elements that could be used to record your behavior across sites
- Control Center that contains site security and privacy controls
- Login Manager improvements
- WebRTC improvements
- Indicator added to tabs that play audio with one-click muting
- Media Source Extension for HTML5 video available for all sites
Security fixes :
- MFSA 2015-116/CVE-2015-4513/CVE-2015-4514 Miscellaneous memory safety hazards
- MFSA 2015-117/CVE-2015-4515 (bmo#1046421) Information disclosure through NTLM authentication
- MFSA 2015-118/CVE-2015-4518 (bmo#1182778, bmo#1136692) CSP bypass due to permissive Reader mode whitelist
- MFSA 2015-119/CVE-2015-7185 (bmo#1149000) (Android only) Firefox for Android addressbar can be removed after fullscreen mode
- MFSA 2015-120/CVE-2015-7186 (bmo#1193027) (Android only) Reading sensitive profile files through local HTML file on Android
- MFSA 2015-121/CVE-2015-7187 (bmo#1195735) disabling scripts in Add-on SDK panels has no effect
- MFSA 2015-122/CVE-2015-7188 (bmo#1199430) Trailing whitespace in IP address hostnames can bypass same-origin policy
- MFSA 2015-123/CVE-2015-7189 (bmo#1205900) Buffer overflow during image interactions in canvas
- MFSA 2015-124/CVE-2015-7190 (bmo#1208520) (Android only) Android intents can be used on Firefox for Android to open privileged files
- MFSA 2015-125/CVE-2015-7191 (bmo#1208956) (Android only) XSS attack through intents on Firefox for Android
- MFSA 2015-126/CVE-2015-7192 (bmo#1210023) (OS X only) Crash when accessing HTML tables with accessibility tools on OS X
- MFSA 2015-127/CVE-2015-7193 (bmo#1210302) CORS preflight is bypassed when non-standard Content-Type headers are received
- MFSA 2015-128/CVE-2015-7194 (bmo#1211262) Memory corruption in libjar through zip files
- MFSA 2015-129/CVE-2015-7195 (bmo#1211871) Certain escaped characters in host of Location-header are being treated as non-escaped
- MFSA 2015-131/CVE-2015-7198/CVE-2015-7199/CVE-2015-7200 (bmo#1188010, bmo#1204061, bmo#1204155) Vulnerabilities found through code inspection
- MFSA 2015-132/CVE-2015-7197 (bmo#1204269) Mixed content WebSocket policy bypass through workers
- MFSA 2015-133/CVE-2015-7181/CVE-2015-7182/CVE-2015-7183 (bmo#1202868, bmo#1205157) NSS and NSPR memory corruption issues (fixed in mozilla-nspr and mozilla-nss packages)
mozilla-nspr was updated to 4.10.10 :
- MFSA 2015-133/CVE-2015-7183 (bmo#1205157) memory corruption issues
This update includes the update to version 4.10.9
- bmo#1021167: Leak of |poll_list| on failure in
- bmo#1030692: Make compiling nspr on windows possible again.
- bmo#1088790: dosprint() doesn't support %zu and other size formats
- bmo#1130787: prtime.h does not compile with MSVC's /Za (ISO C/C++ conformance) option
- bmo#1153610: MIPS64: Add support for n64 ABI
- bmo#1156029: Teach clang-analyzer about PR_ASSERT
- bmo#1160125: MSVC version detection is broken CC is set to a wrapper (like sccache)
- bmo#1163346: Add NSPR support for FreeBSD mips/mips64
- bmo#1169185: Add support for OpenRISC (or1k)
- bmo:1174749: Remove configure block for iOS that uses MACOS_SDK_DIR
- bmo#1174781: PR_GetInheritedFD can use uninitialized variables
mozilla-nss was updated to 3.20.1 :
- requires NSPR 4.10.10
- MFSA 2015-133/CVE-2015-7181/CVE-2015-7182 (bmo#1192028, bmo#1202868) memory corruption issues
- Install the static libfreebl.a that is needed in order to link Sun elliptical curves provider in Java 7.
This includes the update of Mozilla NSS to NSS 3.20 New functionality :
- The TLS library has been extended to support DHE ciphersuites in server applications. New Functions :
- SSL_DHEGroupPrefSet - Configure the set of allowed/enabled DHE group parameters that can be used by NSS for a server socket.
- SSL_EnableWeakDHEPrimeGroup - Enable the use of weak DHE group parameters that are smaller than the library default's minimum size. New Types :
- SSLDHEGroupType - Enumerates the set of DHE parameters embedded in NSS that can be used with function SSL_DHEGroupPrefSet. New Macros :
- SSL_ENABLE_SERVER_DHE - A socket option user to enable or disable DHE ciphersuites for a server socket. Notable Changes :
- For backwards compatibility reasons, the server side implementation of the TLS library keeps all DHE ciphersuites disabled by default. They can be enabled with the new socket option SSL_ENABLE_SERVER_DHE and the SSL_OptionSet or the SSL_OptionSetDefault API.
- The server side implementation of the TLS implementation does not support session tickets when using a DHE ciphersuite (see bmo#1174677).
- Support for the following ciphersuites has been added :
- By default, the server side TLS implementation will use DHE parameters with a size of 2048 bits when using DHE ciphersuites.
- NSS embeds fixed DHE parameters sized 2048, 3072, 4096, 6144 and 8192 bits, which were copied from version 08 of the Internet-Draft 'Negotiated Finite Field Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral Parameters for TLS', Appendix A.
- A new API SSL_DHEGroupPrefSet has been added to NSS, which allows a server application to select one or multiple of the embedded DHE parameters as the preferred parameters. The current implementation of NSS will always use the first entry in the array that is passed as a parameter to the SSL_DHEGroupPrefSet API. In future versions of the TLS implementation, a TLS client might signal a preference for certain DHE parameters, and the NSS TLS server side implementation might select a matching entry from the set of parameters that have been configured as preferred on the server side.
- NSS optionally supports the use of weak DHE parameters with DHE ciphersuites to support legacy clients. In order to enable this support, the new API SSL_EnableWeakDHEPrimeGroup must be used. Each time this API is called for the first time in a process, a fresh set of weak DHE parameters will be randomly created, which may take a long amount of time. Please refer to the comments in the header file that declares the SSL_EnableWeakDHEPrimeGroup API for additional details.
- The size of the default PQG parameters used by certutil when creating DSA keys has been increased to use 2048 bit parameters.
- The selfserv utility has been enhanced to support the new DHE features.
- NSS no longer supports C compilers that predate the ANSI C standard (C89).
It also includes the update to NSS 3.19.3; certstore updates only
- The following CA certificates were removed
- Buypass Class 3 CA 1
- TÜRKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Hizmet Sağlayıcısı
- SG TRUST SERVICES RACINE
- TC TrustCenter Universal CA I
- TC TrustCenter Class 2 CA II
- The following CA certificate had the Websites trust bit turned off
- ComSign Secured CA
- The following CA certificates were added
- TÜRKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Hizmet Sağlayıcısı H5
- TÜRKTRUST Elektronik Sertifika Hizmet Sağlayıcısı H6
- Certinomis - Root CA
- The version number of the updated root CA list has been set to 2.5
- Install blapi.h and algmac.h that are needed in order to build Sun elliptical curves provider in Java 7
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox / mozilla-nspr / mozilla-nss / etc packages.