SynopsisThe remote database server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of MySQL running on the remote host is 5.6.x prior to 5.6.27. It is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A certificate validation bypass vulnerability exists in the Security:Encryption subcomponent due to a flaw in the X509_verify_cert() function in x509_vfy.c that is triggered when locating alternate certificate chains when the first attempt to build such a chain fails. A remote attacker can exploit this, by using a valid leaf certificate as a certificate authority (CA), to issue invalid certificates that will bypass authentication.
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Client Programs subcomponent. A local attacker can exploit this to gain elevated privileges. (CVE-2015-4819)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Types subcomponent.
An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to gain access to sensitive information. (CVE-2015-4826)
- An unspecified flaws exist in the Security:Privileges subcomponent. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit these to impact integrity. (CVE-2015-4830, CVE-2015-4864)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the DLM subcomponent.
An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to impact integrity. (CVE-2015-4879)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Server Security Encryption subcomponent that allows an authenticated, remote attacker to disclose sensitive information.
Additionally, unspecified denial of service vulnerabilities can also exist in the following MySQL subcomponents :
- DDL (CVE-2015-4815)
- DML (CVE-2015-4858, CVE-2015-4862, CVE-2015-4905, CVE-2015-4913)
- InnoDB (CVE-2015-4861, CVE-2015-4866, CVE-2015-4895)
- libmysqld (CVE-2015-4904)
- Memcached (CVE-2015-4910)
- Optimizer (CVE-2015-4800)
- Parser (CVE-2015-4870)
- Partition (CVE-2015-4792, CVE-2015-4802, CVE-2015-4833)
- Query (CVE-2015-4807)
- Replication (CVE-2015-4890)
- Security : Firewall (CVE-2015-4766)
- Server : General (CVE-2016-0605)
- Security : Privileges (CVE-2015-4791)
- SP (CVE-2015-4836)
- Types (CVE-2015-4730)
SolutionUpgrade to MySQL version 5.6.27 or later as referenced in the October 2015 Oracle Critical Patch Update advisory.