SynopsisA web application on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the Puppet Enterprise application running on the remote host is 3.x prior to 3.8.1. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An XML external entity injection (XXE) flaw exists in the Apache ActiveMQ component due to a faulty configuration that allows an XML parser to accept XML external entities from untrusted sources. A remote attacker, by sending crafted XML data, can exploit this to disclose arbitrary files. (CVE-2014-3600)
- An authentication bypass vulnerability exists in the Apache ActiveMQ component due to a flaw in the LDAPLoginModule implementation. A remote attacker can exploit this to bypass authentication mechanisms.
- Multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities exist in the administrative console of Apache ActiveMQ that allow a remote attacker to inject arbitrary HTML or web scripts. (CVE-2014-8110)
- An invalid free memory error exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input when a DTLS peer receives application data between ChangeCipherSpec and Finished messages. A remote attacker can exploit this to corrupt memory, resulting in a denial of service or the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-8176)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists when processing an ECParameters structure due to an infinite loop that occurs when a specified curve is over a malformed binary polynomial field. A remote attacker can exploit this to perform a denial of service against any system that processes public keys, certificate requests, or certificates. This includes TLS clients and TLS servers with client authentication enabled. (CVE-2015-1788)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to improper validation of the content and length of the ASN1_TIME string by the X509_cmp_time() function. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a malformed certificate and CRLs of various sizes, to cause a segmentation fault, resulting in a denial of service condition. TLS clients that verify CRLs are affected. TLS clients and servers with client authentication enabled may be affected if they use custom verification callbacks.
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the PKCS#7 parsing code due to incorrect handling of missing inner 'EncryptedContent'. This allows a remote attacker, via specially crafted ASN.1-encoded PKCS#7 blobs with missing content, to cause a denial of service condition or other potential unspecified impacts. (CVE-2015-1790)
- A double-free error exists due to a race condition that occurs when a NewSessionTicket is received by a multi-threaded client when attempting to reuse a previous ticket. (CVE-2015-1791)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the CMS code due to an infinite loop that occurs when verifying a signedData message. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service condition. (CVE-2015-1792)
- A double-free memory flaw exists in PostgreSQL due to a timeout interrupt occurring partway in the session shutdown sequence. A remote attacker, by closing an SSL session when the authentication timeout expires, can exploit this flaw to cause a denial of service.
- An out-of-memory condition exists in the printf() functions in PostgreSQL due to a failure to check for errors. A remote attacker can exploit this to access sensitive information. (CVE-2015-3166)
- A flaw exists in contrib/pgcrypto in PostgreSQL due to cases of decryption reporting other error message texts, which a remote attacker can use to recover keys from other systems. (CVE-2015-3167)
- A man-in-the-middle vulnerability, known as Logjam, exists due to a flaw in the SSL/TLS protocol. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to downgrade connections using ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key exchange to 512-bit export-grade cryptography. (CVE-2015-4000)
SolutionUpgrade to Puppet Enterprise version 3.8.1 or later.