New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisA web application on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the Puppet Enterprise application running on the remote host is 3.x prior to 3.8.1. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An XML external entity injection (XXE) flaw exists in the Apache ActiveMQ component due to a faulty configuration that allows an XML parser to accept XML external entities from untrusted sources. A remote attacker, by sending crafted XML data, can exploit this to disclose arbitrary files. (CVE-2014-3600)
- An authentication bypass vulnerability exists in the Apache ActiveMQ component due to a flaw in the LDAPLoginModule implementation. A remote attacker can exploit this to bypass authentication mechanisms.
- Multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities exist in the administrative console of Apache ActiveMQ that allow a remote attacker to inject arbitrary HTML or web scripts. (CVE-2014-8110)
- An invalid free memory error exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input when a DTLS peer receives application data between ChangeCipherSpec and Finished messages. A remote attacker can exploit this to corrupt memory, resulting in a denial of service or the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-8176)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists when processing an ECParameters structure due to an infinite loop that occurs when a specified curve is over a malformed binary polynomial field. A remote attacker can exploit this to perform a denial of service against any system that processes public keys, certificate requests, or certificates. This includes TLS clients and TLS servers with client authentication enabled. (CVE-2015-1788)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists due to improper validation of the content and length of the ASN1_TIME string by the X509_cmp_time() function. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a malformed certificate and CRLs of various sizes, to cause a segmentation fault, resulting in a denial of service condition. TLS clients that verify CRLs are affected. TLS clients and servers with client authentication enabled may be affected if they use custom verification callbacks.
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw exists in the PKCS#7 parsing code due to incorrect handling of missing inner 'EncryptedContent'. This allows a remote attacker, via specially crafted ASN.1-encoded PKCS#7 blobs with missing content, to cause a denial of service condition or other potential unspecified impacts. (CVE-2015-1790)
- A double-free error exists due to a race condition that occurs when a NewSessionTicket is received by a multi-threaded client when attempting to reuse a previous ticket. (CVE-2015-1791)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the CMS code due to an infinite loop that occurs when verifying a signedData message. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service condition. (CVE-2015-1792)
- A double-free memory flaw exists in PostgreSQL due to a timeout interrupt occurring partway in the session shutdown sequence. A remote attacker, by closing an SSL session when the authentication timeout expires, can exploit this flaw to cause a denial of service.
- An out-of-memory condition exists in the printf() functions in PostgreSQL due to a failure to check for errors. A remote attacker can exploit this to access sensitive information. (CVE-2015-3166)
- A flaw exists in contrib/pgcrypto in PostgreSQL due to cases of decryption reporting other error message texts, which a remote attacker can use to recover keys from other systems. (CVE-2015-3167)
- A man-in-the-middle vulnerability, known as Logjam, exists due to a flaw in the SSL/TLS protocol. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw to downgrade connections using ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key exchange to 512-bit export-grade cryptography. (CVE-2015-4000)
SolutionUpgrade to Puppet Enterprise version 3.8.1 or later.