SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : postgresql93 (SUSE-SU-2015:1264-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 84896
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionPostgreSQL was updated to the security and bugfix release 9.3.8 including 9.3.7.
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2015-3165, bsc#931972: Avoid possible crash when client disconnects just before the authentication timeout expires.
- CVE-2015-3166, bsc#931973: Consistently check for failure of the printf() family of functions.
- CVE-2015-3167, bsc#931974: In contrib/pgcrypto, uniformly report decryption failures as 'Wrong key or corrupt data'
Bugs fixed :
- Protect against wraparound of multixact member IDs.
- Avoid failures while fsync'ing data directory during crash restart.
- Fix pg_get_functiondef() to show functions' LEAKPROOF property, if set.
- Allow libpq to use TLS protocol versions beyond v1.
- For the full release notes, see the following two URLs http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3-8.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-328=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-328=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-328=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.