SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Mac OS X host is prior to 43.0.2357.132. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities in the bundled version of Adobe Flash :
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists that allows an attacker to guess the address for the Flash heap. (CVE-2015-3097)
- Multiple heap-based buffer overflow vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution.
(CVE-2015-3135, CVE-2015-4432, CVE-2015-5118)
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3117, CVE-2015-3123, CVE-2015-3130, CVE-2015-3133, CVE-2015-3134, CVE-2015-4431)
- Multiple NULL pointer dereference flaws exist.
- A security bypass vulnerability exists that results in an information disclosure. (CVE-2015-3114)
- Multiple type confusion vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3119, CVE-2015-3120, CVE-2015-3121, CVE-2015-3122, CVE-2015-4433)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3118, CVE-2015-3124, CVE-2015-5117, CVE-2015-3127, CVE-2015-3128, CVE-2015-3129, CVE-2015-3131, CVE-2015-3132, CVE-2015-3136, CVE-2015-3137, CVE-2015-4428, CVE-2015-4430, CVE-2015-5119)
- Multiple same-origin policy bypass vulnerabilities exist that allow information disclosure. (CVE-2014-0578, CVE-2015-3115, CVE-2015-3116, CVE-2015-3125, CVE-2015-5116)
- A memory corruption issue exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-5124)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 43.0.2357.132 or later.