Google Chrome < 43.0.2357.132 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 84667
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 43.0.2357.132. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities in the bundled version of Adobe Flash :
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists that allows an attacker to guess the address for the Flash heap. (CVE-2015-3097)
- Multiple heap-based buffer overflow vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution.
(CVE-2015-3135, CVE-2015-4432, CVE-2015-5118)
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3117, CVE-2015-3123, CVE-2015-3130, CVE-2015-3133, CVE-2015-3134, CVE-2015-4431)
- Multiple NULL pointer dereference flaws exist.
- A security bypass vulnerability exists that results in an information disclosure. (CVE-2015-3114)
- Multiple type confusion vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3119, CVE-2015-3120, CVE-2015-3121, CVE-2015-3122, CVE-2015-4433)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3118, CVE-2015-3124, CVE-2015-5117, CVE-2015-3127, CVE-2015-3128, CVE-2015-3129, CVE-2015-3131, CVE-2015-3132, CVE-2015-3136, CVE-2015-3137, CVE-2015-4428, CVE-2015-4430, CVE-2015-5119)
- Multiple same-origin policy bypass vulnerabilities exist that allow information disclosure. (CVE-2014-0578, CVE-2015-3115, CVE-2015-3116, CVE-2015-3125, CVE-2015-5116)
- A memory corruption issue exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-5124)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 43.0.2357.132 or later.