New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.6
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionWireshark was updated to 1.8.9 [bnc#831718]
+ vulnerabilities fixed :
- The Bluetooth SDP dissector could go into a large loop CVE-2013-4927 wnpa-sec-2013-45
- The DIS dissector could go into a large loop CVE-2013-4929 wnpa-sec-2013-47
- The DVB-CI dissector could crash CVE-2013-4930 wnpa-sec-2013-48
- The GSM RR dissector (and possibly others) could go into a large loop CVE-2013-4931 wnpa-sec-2013-49
- The GSM A Common dissector could crash CVE-2013-4932 wnpa-sec-2013-50
- The Netmon file parser could crash CVE-2013-4933 CVE-2013-4934 wnpa-sec-2013-51
- The ASN.1 PER dissector could crash CVE-2013-4935 wnpa-sec-2013-52
+ Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.