IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 < Fix Pack 22.214.171.124 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 71229
SynopsisThe remote application server may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5 before Fix Pack 126.96.36.199 appears to be running on the remote host and is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A flaw exists related to Apache Ant and file compression that could lead to denial of service conditions. (CVE-2012-2098 / PM90088)
- Unspecified errors exist related to the administration console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
(CVE-2013-0460 / PM72275, CVE-2013-5418 / PM96477, CVE-2013-5425 / PM93828)
- Multiple errors exist related to the IBM Eclipse Help System that could allow cross-site scripting attacks and information disclosure attacks. (CVE-2013-0464, CVE-2013-0467, CVE-2013-0599 / PM89893)
- An input validation flaw exists in the optional 'mod_rewrite' module in the included IBM HTTP Server that could allow arbitrary command execution via HTTP requests containing certain escape sequences.
(CVE-2013-1862 / PM87808)
- A flaw exists related to the optional 'mod_dav' module in the included IBM HTTP Server that could allow denial of service conditions.
(CVE-2013-1896 / PM89996)
- A user-supplied input validation error exists that could allow cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks to be carried out. (CVE-2013-3029 / PM88746)
- User-supplied input validation errors exist related to the administrative console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
(CVE-2013-4004 / PM81571, CVE-2013-4005 / PM88208)
- An unspecified permissions error exists that could allow a local attacker to obtain sensitive information.
Note this issue only affects the 'Liberty Profile'.
(CVE-2013-4006 / PM90472)
- An input validation error exists related to the UDDI Administrative console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-4052 / PM91892)
- An attacker may gain elevated privileges because of improper certificate checks. WS-Security and XML Digital Signatures must be enabled. (CVE-2013-4053 / PM90949)
- An error exists related to incorrect Administration Security roles and migrations from version 6.1.
(CVE-2013-5414 / PM92313)
- Unspecified input validation errors exist that could allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-5417 / PM93323 and PM93944)
SolutionApply Fix Pack 188.8.131.52 for version 8.5 (184.108.40.206) or later.