Mac OS X : Apple Safari < 5.1.4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 58322
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by several vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Apple Safari installed on the remote Mac OS X host is earlier than 5.1.4. Thus, it is potentially affected by several issues :
- Web page visits may be recorded in browser history even when private browsing is active. (CVE-2012-0585)
- Multiple cross-site scripting issues existed in WebKit. (CVE-2011-3881, CVE-2012-0586, CVE-2012-0587, CVE-2012-0588, CVE-2012-0589)
- A cross-origin issue existed in WebKit, which may allow cookies to be disclosed across origins. (CVE-2011-3887)
- Visiting a maliciously crafted website and dragging content with the mouse may lead to a cross-site scripting attack. (CVE-2012-0590)
- Multiple memory corruption issues existed in WebKit.
(CVE-2011-2825, CVE-2011-2833, CVE-2011-2846, CVE-2011-2847, CVE-2011-2854, CVE-2011-2855, CVE-2011-2857, CVE-2011-2860, CVE-2011-2866, CVE-2011-2867, CVE-2011-2868, CVE-2011-2869, CVE-2011-2870, CVE-2011-2871, CVE-2011-2872, CVE-2011-2873, CVE-2011-2877, CVE-2011-3885, CVE-2011-3888, CVE-2011-3897, CVE-2011-3908, CVE-2011-3909, CVE-2011-3928, CVE-2012-0591, CVE-2012-0592, CVE-2012-0593, CVE-2012-0594, CVE-2012-0595, CVE-2012-0596, CVE-2012-0597, CVE-2012-0598, CVE-2012-0599, CVE-2012-0600, CVE-2012-0601, CVE-2012-0602, CVE-2012-0603, CVE-2012-0604, CVE-2012-0605, CVE-2012-0606, CVE-2012-0607, CVE-2012-0608, CVE-2012-0609, CVE-2012-0610, CVE-2012-0611, CVE-2012-0612, CVE-2012-0613, CVE-2012-0614, CVE-2012-0615, CVE-2012-0616, CVE-2012-0617, CVE-2012-0618, CVE-2012-0619, CVE-2012-0620, CVE-2012-0621, CVE-2012-0622, CVE-2012-0623, CVE-2012-0624, CVE-2012-0625, CVE-2012-0626, CVE-2012-0627, CVE-2012-0628, CVE-2012-0629, CVE-2012-0630, CVE-2012-0631, CVE-2012-0632, CVE-2012-0633, CVE-2012-0635, CVE-2012-0636, CVE-2012-0637, CVE-2012-0638, CVE-2012-0639, CVE-2012-0648)
- Cookies may be set by third-parties, even when Safari is configured to block them. (CVE-2012-0640)
- If a site uses HTTP authentication and redirects to another site, the authentication credentials may be sent to the other site. (CVE-2012-0647)
SolutionUpgrade to Apple Safari 5.1.4 or later.