New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple flaws.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.2 installed on the remote host is older than 5.2.14. Such versions may be affected by several security issues :
- An error exists when processing invalid XML-RPC requests that can lead to a NULL pointer dereference. (bug #51288) (CVE-2010-0397)
- An error exists in the function 'fnmatch' that can lead to stack exhaustion.
- An error exists in the sqlite extension that could allow arbitrary memory access.
- A memory corruption error exists in the function 'substr_replace'.
- The following functions are not properly protected against function interruptions :
addcslashes, chunk_split, html_entity_decode, iconv_mime_decode, iconv_substr, iconv_mime_encode, htmlentities, htmlspecialchars, str_getcsv, http_build_query, strpbrk, strstr, str_pad, str_word_count, wordwrap, strtok, setcookie, strip_tags, trim, ltrim, rtrim, parse_str, pack, unpack, uasort, preg_match, strrchr, strchr, substr, str_repeat (CVE-2010-1860, CVE-2010-1862, CVE-2010-1864, CVE-2010-2097, CVE-2010-2100, CVE-2010-2101, CVE-2010-2190, CVE-2010-2191, CVE-2010-2484)
- The following opcodes are not properly protected against function interruptions :
ZEND_CONCAT, ZEND_ASSIGN_CONCAT, ZEND_FETCH_RW (CVE-2010-2191)
- The default session serializer contains an error that can be exploited when assigning session variables having user defined names. Arbitrary serialized values can be injected into sessions by including the PS_UNDEF_MARKER, '!', character in variable names.
- A use-after-free error exists in the function 'spl_object_storage_attach'. (CVE-2010-2225)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the function 'var_export' when handling certain error conditions. (CVE-2010-2531)
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.2.14 or later.