SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Redhat Enterprise Linux 7 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the RHSA-2020:1016 advisory.
- kernel: out of bound read in DVB connexant driver.
- kernel: Missing permissions check for request_key() destination allows local attackers to add keys to keyring without Write permission (CVE-2017-17807)
- kernel: oob memory read in hso_probe in drivers/net/usb/hso.c (CVE-2018-19985)
- kernel: usb: missing size check in the
__usb_get_extra_descriptor() leading to DoS (CVE-2018-20169)
- kernel: denial of service via ioctl call in network tun handling (CVE-2018-7191)
- kernel: null-pointer dereference in hci_uart_set_flow_control (CVE-2019-10207)
- Kernel: net: weak IP ID generation leads to remote device tracking (CVE-2019-10638)
- Kernel: net: using kernel space address bits to derive IP ID may potentially break KASLR (CVE-2019-10639)
- kernel: ASLR bypass for setuid binaries due to late install_exec_creds() (CVE-2019-11190)
- kernel: sensitive information disclosure from kernel stack memory via HIDPCONNADD command (CVE-2019-11884)
- kernel: unchecked kstrdup of fwstr in drm_load_edid_firmware leads to denial of service (CVE-2019-12382)
- kernel: use-after-free in arch/x86/lib/insn-eval.c (CVE-2019-13233)
- kernel: denial of service in arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c and arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_64.c via sigreturn() system call (CVE-2019-13648)
- kernel: integer overflow and OOB read in drivers/block/floppy.c (CVE-2019-14283)
- kernel: memory leak in register_queue_kobjects() in net/core/net-sysfs.c leads to denial of service (CVE-2019-15916)
- kernel: buffer-overflow hardening in WiFi beacon validation code. (CVE-2019-16746)
- kernel: (powerpc) incomplete Spectre-RSB mitigation leads to information exposure (CVE-2019-18660)
- kernel: perf_event_open() and execve() race in setuid programs allows a data leak (CVE-2019-3901)
- kernel: brcmfmac frame validation bypass (CVE-2019-9503)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.