New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote Redhat Enterprise Linux 7 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the RHSA-2020:1016 advisory.
- kernel: out of bound read in DVB connexant driver.
- kernel: Missing permissions check for request_key() destination allows local attackers to add keys to keyring without Write permission (CVE-2017-17807)
- kernel: oob memory read in hso_probe in drivers/net/usb/hso.c (CVE-2018-19985)
- kernel: usb: missing size check in the
__usb_get_extra_descriptor() leading to DoS (CVE-2018-20169)
- kernel: denial of service via ioctl call in network tun handling (CVE-2018-7191)
- kernel: null-pointer dereference in hci_uart_set_flow_control (CVE-2019-10207)
- Kernel: net: weak IP ID generation leads to remote device tracking (CVE-2019-10638)
- Kernel: net: using kernel space address bits to derive IP ID may potentially break KASLR (CVE-2019-10639)
- kernel: ASLR bypass for setuid binaries due to late install_exec_creds() (CVE-2019-11190)
- kernel: sensitive information disclosure from kernel stack memory via HIDPCONNADD command (CVE-2019-11884)
- kernel: unchecked kstrdup of fwstr in drm_load_edid_firmware leads to denial of service (CVE-2019-12382)
- kernel: use-after-free in arch/x86/lib/insn-eval.c (CVE-2019-13233)
- kernel: denial of service in arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c and arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_64.c via sigreturn() system call (CVE-2019-13648)
- kernel: integer overflow and OOB read in drivers/block/floppy.c (CVE-2019-14283)
- kernel: memory leak in register_queue_kobjects() in net/core/net-sysfs.c leads to denial of service (CVE-2019-15916)
- kernel: buffer-overflow hardening in WiFi beacon validation code. (CVE-2019-16746)
- kernel: (powerpc) incomplete Spectre-RSB mitigation leads to information exposure (CVE-2019-18660)
- kernel: perf_event_open() and execve() race in setuid programs allows a data leak (CVE-2019-3901)
- kernel: brcmfmac frame validation bypass (CVE-2019-9503)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.