New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for ruby is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Moderate. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Ruby is an extensible, interpreted, object-oriented, scripting language. It has features to process text files and to perform system management tasks.
Security Fix(es) :
* ruby: HTTP response splitting in WEBrick (CVE-2017-17742)
* ruby: DoS by large request in WEBrick (CVE-2018-8777)
* ruby: Buffer under-read in String#unpack (CVE-2018-8778)
* ruby: Unintentional directory traversal by poisoned NULL byte in Dir (CVE-2018-8780)
* ruby: Tainted flags are not propagated in Array#pack and String#unpack with some directives (CVE-2018-16396)
* rubygems: Path traversal when writing to a symlinked basedir outside of the root (CVE-2018-1000073)
* rubygems: Unsafe Object Deserialization Vulnerability in gem owner allowing arbitrary code execution on specially crafted YAML (CVE-2018-1000074)
* rubygems: Improper verification of signatures in tarball allows to install mis-signed gem (CVE-2018-1000076)
* rubygems: Missing URL validation on spec home attribute allows malicious gem to set an invalid homepage URL (CVE-2018-1000077)
* rubygems: XSS vulnerability in homepage attribute when displayed via gem server (CVE-2018-1000078)
* rubygems: Path traversal issue during gem installation allows to write to arbitrary filesystem locations (CVE-2018-1000079)
* ruby: Unintentional file and directory creation with directory traversal in tempfile and tmpdir (CVE-2018-6914)
* ruby: Unintentional socket creation by poisoned NULL byte in UNIXServer and UNIXSocket (CVE-2018-8779)
* rubygems: Infinite loop vulnerability due to negative size in tar header causes Denial of Service (CVE-2018-1000075)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.