New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.2
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Mounting a crafted EXT4 image read-only leads to an attacker controlled memory corruption and SLAB-Out-of-Bounds reads.(CVE-2016-10208i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the hwpoison implementation in mm/memory-failure.c in the Linux kernel before 5.0.4. When soft_offline_in_use_page() runs on a thp tail page after pmd is split, an attacker can cause a denial of service (BUG).(CVE-2019-10124i1/4%0
- A stack-based buffer overflow flaw was found in the Linux kernel's early load microcode functionality. On a system with UEFI Secure Boot enabled, a local, privileged user could use this flaw to increase their privileges to the kernel (ring0) level, bypassing intended restrictions in place.(CVE-2015-2666i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's networking subsystem handled offloaded packets with multiple layers of encapsulation in the GRO (Generic Receive Offload) code path. A remote attacker could use this flaw to trigger unbounded recursion in the kernel that could lead to stack corruption, resulting in a system crash.(CVE-2016-8666i1/4%0
- The ethtool_get_wol function in net/core/ethtool.c in the Linux kernel through 4.7, as used in Android before 2016-08-05 on Nexus 5 and 7 (2013) devices, does not initialize a certain data structure, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information via a crafted application, aka Android internal bug 28803952 and Qualcomm internal bug CR570754.(CVE-2014-9900i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in crypto/ahash.c in the Linux kernel which allows attackers to cause a denial of service (API operation calling its own callback, and infinite recursion) by triggering EBUSY on a full queue.(CVE-2017-7618i1/4%0
- drivers/misc/qseecom.c in the QSEECOM driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, does not validate certain offset, length, and base values within an ioctl call, which allows attackers to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (memory corruption) via a crafted application.(CVE-2014-4322i1/4%0
- An integer overflow vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel in xt_alloc_table_info, which on 32-bit systems can lead to small structure allocation and a copy_from_user based heap corruption.(CVE-2016-3135i1/4%0
- Stack-based buffer overflow in the supply_lm_input_write function in drivers/thermal/supply_lm_core.c in the MSM Thermal driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application that sends a large amount of data through the debugfs interface.(CVE-2016-2063i1/4%0
- The l2tp_ip_recvmsg function in net/l2tp/l2tp_ip.c in the Linux kernel before 3.12.4 updates a certain length value before ensuring that an associated data structure has been initialized, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a (1) recvfrom, (2) recvmmsg, or (3) recvmsg system call.(CVE-2013-7264i1/4%0
- A bypass was found for the Spectre v1 hardening in the eBPF engine of the Linux kernel. The code in the kernel/bpf/verifier.c performs undesirable out-of-bounds speculation on pointer arithmetic in various cases, including cases of different branches with different state or limits to sanitize, leading to side-channel attacks.(CVE-2019-7308i1/4%0
- The tcp_v6_syn_recv_sock function in net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c in the Linux kernel mishandles inheritance, which allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted system calls, a related issue to CVE-2017-8890. An unprivileged local user could use this flaw to induce kernel memory corruption on the system, leading to a crash. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-9077i1/4%0
- The cgroup offline implementation in the Linux kernel through 4.8.11 mishandles certain drain operations, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (system hang) by leveraging access to a container environment for executing a crafted application, as demonstrated by trinity.(CVE-2016-9191i1/4%0
- The KVM implementation in the Linux kernel through 4.20.5 has a Use-after-Free.(CVE-2019-7221i1/4%0
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's network subsystem handled socket creation with an invalid protocol identifier. A local user could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2015-8543i1/4%0
- The drivers/media/usb/dvb-usb-v2/lmedm04.c in the Linux kernel, through 4.13.11, allows local users to cause a denial of service (general protection fault and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device, related to a missing warm-start check and incorrect attach timing (dm04_lme2510_frontend_attach versus dm04_lme2510_tuner).(CVE-2017-16538i1/4%0
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) implementation handled user controls. A local, privileged user could use this flaw to crash the system.(CVE-2014-4653i1/4%0
- A vulnerability leading to a local privilege escalation was found in apparmor in the Linux kernel. When proc_pid_attr_write() was changed to use memdup_user apparmor's (interface violating) assumption that the setprocattr buffer was always a single page was violated.(CVE-2016-6187i1/4%0
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel in 'tmpfs' file system. When file permissions are modified via 'chmod' and the user is not in the owning group or capable of CAP_FSETID, the setgid bit is cleared in inode_change_ok(). Setting a POSIX ACL via 'setxattr' sets the file permissions as well as the new ACL, but doesn't clear the setgid bit in a similar way this allows to bypass the check in 'chmod'.(CVE-2017-5551i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the Linux Kernel in the ucma_leave_multicast() function in drivers/infiniband/core/ucma.c which allows access to a certain data structure after freeing it in ucma_process_join(). This allows an attacker to cause a use-after-free bug and to induce kernel memory corruption, leading to a system crash or other unspecified impact. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2018-14734i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.