New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the php packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An issue was discovered in PHP before 5.6.40, 7.x before 7.1.26, 7.2.x before 7.2.14, and 7.3.x before 7.3.1. Invalid input to the function xmlrpc_decode() can lead to an invalid memory access (heap out of bounds read or read after free). This is related to xml_elem_parse_buf in ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/xml_element.c.(CVE-2019-9020)
- In PHP before 5.6.39, 7.x before 7.0.33, 7.1.x before 7.1.25, and 7.2.x before 7.2.13, a buffer over-read in PHAR reading functions may allow an attacker to read allocated or unallocated memory past the actual data when trying to parse a .phar file. This is related to phar_parse_pharfile in ext/phar/phar.c.(CVE-2018-20783)
- An issue was discovered in PHP before 5.6.40, 7.x before 7.1.26, 7.2.x before 7.2.14, and 7.3.x before 7.3.1. A number of heap-based buffer over-read instances are present in mbstring regular expression functions when supplied with invalid multibyte data.
These occur in ext/mbstring/oniguruma/regcomp.c, ext/mbstring/oniguruma/regexec.c, ext/mbstring/oniguruma/regparse.c, ext/mbstring/oniguruma/enc/unicode.c, and ext/mbstring/oniguruma/src/utf32_be.c when a multibyte regular expression pattern contains invalid multibyte sequences.(CVE-2019-9023)
- An issue was discovered in PHP before 5.6.40, 7.x before 7.1.26, 7.2.x before 7.2.14, and 7.3.x before 7.3.1. A heap-based buffer over-read in PHAR reading functions in the PHAR extension may allow an attacker to read allocated or unallocated memory past the actual data when trying to parse the file name, a different vulnerability than CVE-2018-20783. This is related to phar_detect_phar_fname_ext in ext/phar/phar.c.(CVE-2019-9021)
- An issue was discovered in PHP before 7.1.27, 7.2.x before 7.2.16, and 7.3.x before 7.3.3. Due to the way rename() across filesystems is implemented, it is possible that file being renamed is briefly available with wrong permissions while the rename is ongoing, thus enabling unauthorized users to access the data.(CVE-2019-9637)
- An issue was discovered in PHP before 5.6.40, 7.x before 7.1.26, 7.2.x before 7.2.14, and 7.3.x before 7.3.1. xmlrpc_decode() can allow a hostile XMLRPC server to cause PHP to read memory outside of allocated areas in base64_decode_xmlrpc in ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/base64.c.(CVE-2019-9024)
- An integer overflow flaw, leading to a heap-based buffer overflow was found in the way libgd read some specially-crafted gd2 files. A remote attacker could use this flaw to crash an application compiled with libgd or in certain cases execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running that application.(CVE-2016-1016)
- A null pointer dereference flaw was found in libgd. An attacker could use a specially-crafted .gd2 file to cause an application linked with libgd to crash, leading to denial of service.(CVE-2016-10167)
- A data leak was found in gdImageCreateFromGifCtx() in GD Graphics Library used in PHP before 5.6.31 and 7.1.7. An attacker could craft a malicious GIF image and read up to 762 bytes from stack.(CVE-2017-7890)
- gdImageColorMatch in gd_color_match.c in the GD Graphics Library (aka LibGD) 2.2.5, as used in the imagecolormatch function in PHP before 5.6.40, 7.x before 7.1.26, 7.2.x before 7.2.14, and 7.3.x before 7.3.1, has a heap-based buffer overflow. This can be exploited by an attacker who is able to trigger imagecolormatch calls with crafted image data.(CVE-2019-6977)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected php packages.