New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it is different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP3 kernel was updated to 4.4.92 to receive various security and bugfixes. The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2017-1000252: The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (assertion failure, and hypervisor hang or crash) via an out-of bounds guest_irq value, related to arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c and virt/kvm/eventfd.c (bnc#1058038).
- CVE-2017-11472: The acpi_ns_terminate() function in drivers/acpi/acpica/nsutils.c in the Linux kernel did not flush the operand cache and causes a kernel stack dump, which allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism (in the kernel through 4.9) via a crafted ACPI table (bnc#1049580).
- CVE-2017-12134: The xen_biovec_phys_mergeable function in drivers/xen/biomerge.c in Xen might allow local OS guest users to corrupt block device data streams and consequently obtain sensitive memory information, cause a denial of service, or gain host OS privileges by leveraging incorrect block IO merge-ability calculation (bnc#1051790 bsc#1053919).
- CVE-2017-12153: A security flaw was discovered in the nl80211_set_rekey_data() function in net/wireless/nl80211.c in the Linux kernel This function did not check whether the required attributes are present in a Netlink request. This request can be issued by a user with the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability and may result in a NULL pointer dereference and system crash (bnc#1058410).
- CVE-2017-12154: The prepare_vmcs02 function in arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c in the Linux kernel did not ensure that the 'CR8-load exiting' and 'CR8-store exiting' L0 vmcs02 controls exist in cases where L1 omits the 'use TPR shadow' vmcs12 control, which allowed KVM L2 guest OS users to obtain read and write access to the hardware CR8 register (bnc#1058507).
- CVE-2017-13080: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA and WPA2) allowed reinstallation of the Group Temporal Key (GTK) during the group key handshake, allowing an attacker within radio range to replay frames from access points to clients (bnc#1056061 1063479 1063667 1063671).
- CVE-2017-14051: An integer overflow in the qla2x00_sysfs_write_optrom_ctl function in drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_attr.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption and system crash) by leveraging root access (bnc#1056588).
- CVE-2017-14106: The tcp_disconnect function in net/ipv4/tcp.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (__tcp_select_window divide-by-zero error and system crash) by triggering a disconnect within a certain tcp_recvmsg code path (bnc#1056982).
- CVE-2017-14489: The iscsi_if_rx function in drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (panic) by leveraging incorrect length validation (bnc#1059051).
- CVE-2017-15265: Use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel before 4.14-rc5 allowed local users to have unspecified impact via vectors related to /dev/snd/seq (bnc#1062520).
- CVE-2017-15649: net/packet/af_packet.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges via crafted system calls that trigger mishandling of packet_fanout data structures, because of a race condition (involving fanout_add and packet_do_bind) that leads to a use-after-free, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-6346 (bnc#1064388).
The update package also includes non-security fixes. See advisory for details.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP3-2017-1770=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2017-1770=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2017-1770=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Live-Patching-12-SP3-2017-1770=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-HA-12-SP3-2017-1770=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2017-1770=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.