FreeBSD : OpenVPN -- several vulnerabilities (9f65d382-56a4-11e7-83e3-080027ef73ec)
High Nessus Plugin ID 100976
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionSamuli Seppanen reports :
In May/June 2017 Guido Vranken threw a fuzzer at OpenVPN 2.4.2. In the process he found several vulnerabilities and reported them to the OpenVPN project. [...] The first releases to have these fixes are OpenVPN 2.4.3 and 2.3.17.
This is a list of fixed important vulnerabilities :
- Remotely-triggerable ASSERT() on malformed IPv6 packet
- Pre-authentication remote crash/information disclosure for clients
- Potential double-free in --x509-alt-username
- Remote-triggerable memory leaks
- Post-authentication remote DoS when using the --x509-track option
- NULL pointer dereference in establish_http_proxy_passthru()
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.