SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.2.x installed on the remote host is earlier than 5.2.12. Such versions are potentially affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A safe_mode bypass in tempnam(). (CVE-2009-3557)
- An open_basedir bypass in posix_mkfifo(). (CVE-2009-3558)
- A possible denial-of-service via temporary file exhaustion caused by a failure to limit the number of file uploads per request. (CVE-2009-4017)
- An arbitrary code execution vulnerability in the 'session.save_path()' function and the '$_SESSION' data structure. (CVE-2009-4143)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability becuase the 'htmlspecialcharacters()' function fails to properly handle some malformed multibyte character sequences.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.2.12 or later.