New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple flaws.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP installed on the remote host is older than 5.2.12. Such versions may be affected by several security issues :
- It is possible to bypass the 'safe_mode' configuration setting using 'tempnam()'. (CVE-2009-3557)
- It is possible to bypass the 'open_basedir' configuration setting using 'posix_mkfifo()'. (CVE-2009-3558)
- Provided file uploading is enabled (it is by default), an attacker can upload files using a POST request with 'multipart/form-data' content even if the target script doesn't actually support file uploads per se. By supplying a large number (15,000+) of files, an attacker could cause the web server to stop responding while it processes the file list. (CVE-2009-4017)
- Missing protection for '$_SESSION' from interrupt corruption and improved 'session.save_path' check.
- Insufficient input string validation in the 'htmlspecialchars()' function. (CVE-2009-4142)
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.2.12 or later.