New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.4
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMozilla Firefox was updated to Firefox 52.1.0esr.
The following vulnerabilities were fixed (bsc#1035082) :
- CVE-2017-5443: Out-of-bounds write during BinHex decoding
- CVE-2017-5429: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 53, Firefox ESR 45.9, and Firefox ESR 52.1
- CVE-2017-5464: Memory corruption with accessibility and DOM manipulation
- CVE-2017-5465: Out-of-bounds read in ConvolvePixel
- CVE-2017-5466: Origin confusion when reloading isolated data:text/html URL
- CVE-2017-5467: Memory corruption when drawing Skia content
- CVE-2017-5460: Use-after-free in frame selection
- CVE-2017-5461: Out-of-bounds write in Base64 encoding in NSS
- CVE-2017-5448: Out-of-bounds write in ClearKeyDecryptor
- CVE-2017-5449: Crash during bidirectional unicode manipulation with animation
- CVE-2017-5446: Out-of-bounds read when HTTP/2 DATA frames are sent with incorrect data
- CVE-2017-5447: Out-of-bounds read during glyph processing
- CVE-2017-5444: Buffer overflow while parsing application/http-index-format content
The package is now following the ESR 52 branch :
- Enable plugin support by default
- service workers are disabled by default
- push notifications are disabled by default
- WebAssembly (wasm) is disabled
- Less use of multiprocess architecture Electrolysis (e10s)
SolutionUpdate the affected Mozilla Firefox packages.