New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaFirefox to ESR 45.8 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed (bsc#1028391) :
- CVE-2017-5402: Use-after-free working with events in FontFace objects
- CVE-2017-5400: asm.js JIT-spray bypass of ASLR and DEP
- CVE-2017-5401: Memory Corruption when handling ErrorResult
- CVE-2017-5407: Pixel and history stealing via floating-point timing side channel with SVG filters
- CVE-2017-5404: Use-after-free working with ranges in selections
- CVE-2017-5405: FTP response codes can cause use of uninitialized values for ports
- CVE-2017-5408: Cross-origin reading of video captions in violation of CORS
- CVE-2017-5409: File deletion via callback parameter in Mozilla Windows Updater and Maintenance Service
- CVE-2017-5398: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 52 and Firefox ESR 45.8
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-392=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2017-392=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.