SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update to Mozilla Thunderbird 45.8.0 fixes security issues and bugs.
The following security issues from advisory MFSA 2017-07 were fixed.
(boo#1028391) In general, these flaws cannot be exploited through email in Thunderbird because scripting is disabled when reading mail, but are potentially risks in browser or browser-like contexts :
- CVE-2017-5400: asm.js JIT-spray bypass of ASLR and DEP
- CVE-2017-5401: Memory Corruption when handling ErrorResult
- CVE-2017-5402: Use-after-free working with events in FontFace objects (bmo#1334876)
- CVE-2017-5404: Use-after-free working with ranges in selections
- CVE-2017-5407: Pixel and history stealing via floating-point timing side channel with SVG filters
- CVE-2017-5408: Cross-origin reading of video captions in violation of CORS
- CVE-2017-5405: FTP response codes can cause use of uninitialized values for ports (bmo#1336699)
- CVE-2017-5398: Memory safety bugs fixed in Thunderbird 45.8
The following non-security issues were fixed :
- crash when viewing certain IMAP messages
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.