New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update to Mozilla Thunderbird 45.8.0 fixes security issues and bugs.
The following security issues from advisory MFSA 2017-07 were fixed.
(boo#1028391) In general, these flaws cannot be exploited through email in Thunderbird because scripting is disabled when reading mail, but are potentially risks in browser or browser-like contexts :
- CVE-2017-5400: asm.js JIT-spray bypass of ASLR and DEP
- CVE-2017-5401: Memory Corruption when handling ErrorResult
- CVE-2017-5402: Use-after-free working with events in FontFace objects (bmo#1334876)
- CVE-2017-5404: Use-after-free working with ranges in selections
- CVE-2017-5407: Pixel and history stealing via floating-point timing side channel with SVG filters
- CVE-2017-5408: Cross-origin reading of video captions in violation of CORS
- CVE-2017-5405: FTP response codes can cause use of uninitialized values for ports (bmo#1336699)
- CVE-2017-5398: Memory safety bugs fixed in Thunderbird 45.8
The following non-security issues were fixed :
- crash when viewing certain IMAP messages
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.