SUSE SLED12 Security Update : flash-player (SUSE-SU-2017:0523-1)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 97300
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe Adobe flash-player was updated to 22.214.171.124 to fix the following issues: Security update to 126.96.36.199 (bsc#1025258), fixing the following vulnerabilities advised under APSB17-04 :
- type confusion vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-2995).
- integer overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-2987).
- use-after-free vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-2982, CVE-2017-2985, CVE-2017-2993, CVE-2017-2994).
- heap buffer overflow vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017- 2984, CVE-2017-2986, CVE-2017-2992).
- memory corruption vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-2988, CVE-2017-2990, CVE-2017-2991, CVE-2017-2996).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP1-2017-268=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2017-268=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.