New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for java-1_8_0-openjdk fixes the following issues: Oracle Critical Patch Update of January 2017 (bsc#1020905) Upgrade to version jdk8u121 (icedtea 3.3.0) :
- S8138725: Add options for Javadoc generation
- S8140353: Improve signature checking
- S8151934, CVE-2017-3231: Resolve class resolution
- S8156804, CVE-2017-3241: Better constraint checking
- S8158406: Limited Parameter Processing
- S8158997: JNDI Protocols Switch
- S8159507: RuntimeVisibleAnnotation validation
- S8161218: Better bytecode loading
- S8161743, CVE-2017-3252: Provide proper login context
- S8162577: Standardize logging levels
- S8162973: Better component components
- S8164143, CVE-2017-3260: Improve components for menu items
- S8164147, CVE-2017-3261: Improve streaming socket output
- S8165071, CVE-2016-2183: Expand TLS support
- S8165344, CVE-2017-3272: Update concurrency support
- S8166988, CVE-2017-3253: Improve image processing performance
- S8167104, CVE-2017-3289: Additional class construction refinements
- S8167223, CVE-2016-5552: URL handling improvements
- S8168705, CVE-2016-5547: Better ObjectIdentifier validation
- S8168714, CVE-2016-5546: Tighten ECDSA validation
- S8168728, CVE-2016-5548: DSA signing improvements
- S8168724, CVE-2016-5549: ECDSA signing improvements
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP1:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected java-1_8_0-openjdk packages.