SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE Leap 42.1 was updated to 4.1.27 to receive various security and bugfixes.
The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2016-4997: A buffer overflow in 32bit compat_setsockopt iptables handling could lead to a local privilege escalation. (bsc#986362)
- CVE-2016-5829: Multiple heap-based buffer overflows in the hiddev_ioctl_usage function in drivers/hid/usbhid/hiddev.c in the Linux kernel allow local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted (1) HIDIOCGUSAGES or (2) HIDIOCSUSAGES ioctl call (bnc#986572).
- CVE-2016-4470: The key_reject_and_link function in security/keys/key.c in the Linux kernel did not ensure that a certain data structure is initialized, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (system crash) via vectors involving a crafted keyctl request2 command (bnc#984755).
- CVE-2016-4794: Use-after-free vulnerability in mm/percpu.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (BUG) or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted use of the mmap and bpf system calls (bnc#980265).
The following non-security bugs were fixed :
- Refresh patches.xen/xen-netback-coalesce: Restore copying of SKBs with head exceeding page size (bsc#978469).
- Refresh patches.xen/xen3-patch-2.6.26 (fix PAT initialization).
- Refresh patches.xen/xen3-patch-2.6.39 (fix ia32_compat inheritance).
- Refresh patches.xen/xen3-patch-3.14: Suppress atomic file position updates for /proc/xen/xenbus (bsc#970275).
- Refresh patches.xen/xen3-patch-3.16 (drop redundant addition of a comment).
- Refresh patches.xen/xen3-patch-4.1.7-8.
- base: make module_create_drivers_dir race-free (bnc#983977).
- ipvs: count pre-established TCP states as active (bsc#970114).
- net: thunderx: Fix TL4 configuration for secondary Qsets (bsc#986530).
- net: thunderx: Fix link status reporting (bsc#986530).
SolutionUpdate the affected the Linux Kernel packages.