openSUSE Security Update : wireshark (openSUSE-2016-737)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 91705
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for wireshark fixes an number of security issues.
Issues in protocol dissectors could have allowed a remote attacker to crash Wireshark or cause excessive CPU usage through specially crafted packages inserted into the network or a capture file.
- CVE-2016-5350: The SPOOLS dissector could go into an infinite loop
- CVE-2016-5351: The IEEE 802.11 dissector could crash
- CVE-2016-5353: The UMTS FP dissector could crash
- CVE-2016-5354: Some USB dissectors could crash
- CVE-2016-5355: The Toshiba file parser could crash
- CVE-2016-5356: The CoSine file parser could crash
- CVE-2016-5357: The NetScreen file parser could crash
- CVE-2016-5358: The Ethernet dissector could crash
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.