New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for php5 fixes the following security issues :
- CVE-2016-4073: A remote attacker could have caused denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code, due to incorrect handling of string length calculations in mb_strcut() (bsc#977003)
- CVE-2015-8867: The PHP function openssl_random_pseudo_bytes() did not return cryptographically secure random bytes (bsc#977005)
- CVE-2016-4070: The libxml_disable_entity_loader() setting was shared between threads, which could have resulted in XML external entity injection and entity expansion issues (bsc#976997)
- CVE-2015-8866: A remote attacker could have caused denial of service due to incorrect handling of large strings in php_raw_url_encode() (bsc#976996)
- CVE-2016-4071: A remote attacker could have caused denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code, due to incorrect handling of string formatting in php_snmp_error() (bsc#977000)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected php5 packages.