SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for ImageMagick fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- Several coders were vulnerable to remote code execution attacks, these coders have now been disabled by default but can be re-enabled by editing '/etc/ImageMagick-*/policy.xml' (bsc#978061)
- CVE-2016-3714: Insufficient shell characters filtering leads to (potentially remote) code execution
- CVE-2016-3715: Possible file deletion by using ImageMagick's 'ephemeral' pseudo protocol which deletes files after reading.
- CVE-2016-3716: Possible file moving by using ImageMagick's 'msl' pseudo protocol with any extension in any folder.
- CVE-2016-3717: Possible local file read by using ImageMagick's 'label' pseudo protocol to get content of the files from the server.
- CVE-2016-3718: Possible Server Side Request Forgery (SSRF) to make HTTP GET or FTP request.
Bugs fixed :
- Use external svg loader (rsvg)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP1-2016-733=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-2016-733=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2016-733=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2016-733=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-733=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2016-733=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2016-733=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2016-733=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.