openSUSE Security Update : ImageMagick (openSUSE-2016-574) (ImageTragick)
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 90986
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for ImageMagick fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- Several coders were vulnerable to remote code execution attacks, these coders have now been disabled by default but can be re-enabled by editing '/etc/ImageMagick-*/policy.xml' (bsc#978061)
- CVE-2016-3714: Insufficient shell characters filtering leads to (potentially remote) code execution
- CVE-2016-3715: Possible file deletion by using ImageMagick's 'ephemeral' pseudo protocol which deletes files after reading.
- CVE-2016-3716: Possible file moving by using ImageMagick's 'msl' pseudo protocol with any extension in any folder.
- CVE-2016-3717: Possible local file read by using ImageMagick's 'label' pseudo protocol to get content of the files from the server.
- CVE-2016-3718: Possible Server Side Request Forgery (SSRF) to make HTTP GET or FTP request.
Bugs fixed :
- Use external svg loader (rsvg)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected ImageMagick packages.