openSUSE Security Update : postgresql93 (openSUSE-2016-253)
High Nessus Plugin ID 88926
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for postgresql93 fixes the following issues :
- Security and bugfix release 9.3.11 :
- Fix infinite loops and buffer-overrun problems in regular expressions (CVE-2016-0773, boo#966436).
- Fix regular-expression compiler to handle loops of constraint arcs (CVE-2007-4772).
- Prevent certain PL/Java parameters from being set by non-superusers (CVE-2016-0766, boo#966435).
- Fix many issues in pg_dump with specific object types
- Prevent over-eager pushdown of HAVING clauses for GROUPING SETS
- Fix deparsing error with ON CONFLICT ... WHERE clauses
- Fix tableoid errors for postgres_fdw
- Prevent floating-point exceptions in pgbench
- Make \det search Foreign Table names consistently
- Fix quoting of domain constraint names in pg_dump
- Prevent putting expanded objects into Const nodes
- Allow compile of PL/Java on Windows
- Fix 'unresolved symbol' errors in PL/Python execution
- Allow Python2 and Python3 to be used in the same database
- Add support for Python 3.5 in PL/Python
- Fix issue with subdirectory creation during initdb
- Make pg_ctl report status correctly on Windows
- Suppress confusing error when using pg_receivexlog with older servers
- Multiple documentation corrections and additions
- Fix erroneous hash calculations in gin_extract_jsonb_path()
- For the full release notse, see:
SolutionUpdate the affected postgresql93 packages.