Oracle MySQL 5.6.x < 5.6.28 Multiple Vulnerabilities (January 2016 CPU)
High Nessus Plugin ID 88383
SynopsisThe remote host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe version of Oracle MySQL installed on the remote host is 5.6.x prior to 5.6.28. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Client subcomponent.
A local attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-0546)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Security:Encryption subcomponent. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to impact integrity. (CVE-2016-0606)
Additionally, unspecified denial of service vulnerabilities exist in the following MySQL subcomponents :
- DML (CVE-2016-0503, CVE-2016-0504, CVE-2016-0595, CVE-2016-0596, CVE-2016-0598)
- InnoDB (CVE-2016-0600, CVE-2016-0610)
- Optimizer (CVE-2016-0597, CVE-2016-0611)
- Options (CVE-2016-0505)
- Replication (CVE-2016-0607)
- Security:Privileges (CVE-2016-0609)
- UDF (CVE-2016-0608)
SolutionApply the appropriate patch according to the January 2016 Oracle Critical Patch Update advisory.