SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for flash-player to version 188.8.131.524 fixes the following security issues in Adobe security advisory APSB15-32.
- These updates resolve heap buffer overflow vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2015-8438, CVE-2015-8446).
- These updates resolve memory corruption vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2015-8444, CVE-2015-8443, CVE-2015-8417, CVE-2015-8416, CVE-2015-8451, CVE-2015-8047, CVE-2015-8455, CVE-2015-8045, CVE-2015-8418, CVE-2015-8060, CVE-2015-8419, CVE-2015-8408).
- These updates resolve security bypass vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-8453, CVE-2015-8440, CVE-2015-8409).
- These updates resolve a stack overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2015-8407).
- These updates resolve a type confusion vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2015-8439).
- These updates resolve an integer overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2015-8445).
- These updates resolve a buffer overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2015-8415)
- These updates resolve use-after-free vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2015-8050, CVE-2015-8049, CVE-2015-8437, CVE-2015-8450, CVE-2015-8449, CVE-2015-8448, CVE-2015-8436, CVE-2015-8452, CVE-2015-8048, CVE-2015-8413, CVE-2015-8412, CVE-2015-8410, CVE-2015-8411, CVE-2015-8424, CVE-2015-8422, CVE-2015-8420, CVE-2015-8421, CVE-2015-8423, CVE-2015-8425, CVE-2015-8433, CVE-2015-8432, CVE-2015-8431, CVE-2015-8426, CVE-2015-8430, CVE-2015-8427, CVE-2015-8428, CVE-2015-8429, CVE-2015-8434, CVE-2015-8435, CVE-2015-8414, CVE-2015-8454, CVE-2015-8059, CVE-2015-8058, CVE-2015-8055, CVE-2015-8057, CVE-2015-8056, CVE-2015-8061, CVE-2015-8067, CVE-2015-8066, CVE-2015-8062, CVE-2015-8068, CVE-2015-8064, CVE-2015-8065, CVE-2015-8063, CVE-2015-8405, CVE-2015-8404, CVE-2015-8402, CVE-2015-8403, CVE-2015-8071, CVE-2015-8401, CVE-2015-8406, CVE-2015-8069, CVE-2015-8070, CVE-2015-8441, CVE-2015-8442, CVE-2015-8447).
Please also see https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-32.html
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11-SP4 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp4-flash-player-12254=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11-SP3 :
zypper in -t patch sledsp3-flash-player-12254=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.