Oracle MySQL 5.6.x < 5.6.26 Multiple Vulnerabilities (October 2015 CPU)
High Nessus Plugin ID 86660
SynopsisThe remote host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe version of Oracle MySQL installed on the remote host is 5.6.x prior to 5.6.26. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A certificate validation bypass vulnerability exists in the Security:Encryption subcomponent due to a flaw in the X509_verify_cert() function in x509_vfy.c that is triggered when locating alternate certificate chains when the first attempt to build such a chain fails. A remote attacker can exploit this, by using a valid leaf certificate as a certificate authority (CA), to issue invalid certificates that will bypass authentication.
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Client Programs subcomponent. A local attacker can exploit this to gain elevated privileges. (CVE-2015-4819)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the DLM subcomponent.
An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to impact integrity. (CVE-2015-4879)
Additionally, unspecified denial of service vulnerabilities exist in the following MySQL subcomponents :
- InnoDB (CVE-2015-4895)
- libmysqld (CVE-2015-4904)
- Partition (CVE-2015-4833)
- Security:Firewall (CVE-2015-4766)
SolutionApply the appropriate patch according to the October 2015 Oracle Critical Patch Update advisory.