New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
Descriptionopenssh was updated to fix several security issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2015-5352: The x11_open_helper function in channels.c in ssh in OpenSSH when ForwardX11Trusted mode is not used, lacked a check of the refusal deadline for X connections, which made it easier for remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions via a connection outside of the permitted time window (bsc#936695).
- CVE-2015-5600: The kbdint_next_device function in auth2-chall.c in sshd in OpenSSH did not properly restrict the processing of keyboard-interactive devices within a single connection, which made it easier for remote attackers to conduct brute-force attacks or cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via a long and duplicative list in the ssh -oKbdInteractiveDevices option, as demonstrated by a modified client that provides a different password for each pam element on this list (bsc#938746).
- CVE-2015-4000: Removed and disabled weak DH groups to address LOGJAM (bsc#932483).
- Hardening patch to fix sftp RCE (bsc#903649).
- CVE-2015-6563: The monitor component in sshd in OpenSSH accepted extraneous username data in MONITOR_REQ_PAM_INIT_CTX requests, which allowed local users to conduct impersonation attacks by leveraging any SSH login access in conjunction with control of the sshd uid to send a crafted MONITOR_REQ_PWNAM request, related to monitor.c and monitor_wrap.c. (bsc#943010)
- CVE-2015-6564: Use-after-free vulnerability in the mm_answer_pam_free_ctx function in monitor.c in sshd in OpenSSH might have allowed local users to gain privileges by leveraging control of the sshd uid to send an unexpectedly early MONITOR_REQ_PAM_FREE_CTX request.
Also use %restart_on_update in the trigger script.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-526=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-526=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.