Google Chrome < 43.0.2357.124 Multiple Vulnerabilities (Mac OS X)
High Nessus Plugin ID 84051
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Mac OS X host is prior to 43.0.2357.124. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities related to Adobe Flash :
- An unspecified vulnerability exists that allows an attacker to bypass the fix for CVE-2014-5333.
- Multiple unspecified flaws exist that allow a remote attacker to bypass the same-origin-policy, resulting in the disclosure of sensitive information. (CVE-2015-3098, CVE-2015-3099, CVE-2015-3102)
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists due to an unspecified stack overflow flaw. (CVE-2015-3100)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-3103, CVE-2015-3106, CVE-2015-3107)
- An integer overflow condition exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-3104)
- A memory corruption flaw exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker can exploit this flaw, via specially crafted flash content, to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code.
- An unspecified memory leak exists that allows an attacker to bypass the Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) feature. (CVE-2015-3108)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 43.0.2357.124 or later.