SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update to Firefox 31.7.0 ESR (bsc#930622) fixes the following issues :
- MFSA 2015-46/CVE-2015-2708/CVE-2015-2709 (bmo#1120655, bmo#1143299, bmo#1151139, bmo#1152177, bmo#1111251, bmo#1117977, bmo#1128064, bmo#1135066, bmo#1143194, bmo#1146101, bmo#1149526, bmo#1153688, bmo#1155474) Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:38.0 / rv:31.7)
- MFSA 2015-47/CVE-2015-0797 (bmo#1080995) Buffer overflow parsing H.264 video with Linux Gstreamer
- MFSA 2015-48/CVE-2015-2710 (bmo#1149542) Buffer overflow with SVG content and CSS
- MFSA 2015-51/CVE-2015-2713 (bmo#1153478) Use-after-free during text processing with vertical text enabled
- MFSA 2015-54/CVE-2015-2716 (bmo#1140537) Buffer overflow when parsing compressed XML
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-2015-217=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2015-217=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 :
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-2015-217=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.