New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Solaris system is missing a security patch for third-party software.
DescriptionThe remote Solaris system is missing necessary patches to address security updates :
- The openssl_x509_parse function in openssl.c in the OpenSSL module in PHP before 5.4.18 and 5.5.x before 5.5.2 does not properly handle a '\0' character in a domain name in the Subject Alternative Name field of an X.509 certificate, which allows man-in-the-middle attackers to spoof arbitrary SSL servers via a crafted certificate issued by a legitimate Certification Authority, a related issue to CVE-2009-2408.
- The asn1_time_to_time_t function in ext/openssl/openssl.c in PHP before 5.3.28, 5.4.x before 5.4.23, and 5.5.x before 5.5.7 does not properly parse (1) notBefore and (2) notAfter timestamps in X.509 certificates, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (memory corruption) via a crafted certificate that is not properly handled by the openssl_x509_parse function.
- The scan function in ext/date/lib/parse_iso_intervals.c in PHP through 5.5.6 does not properly restrict creation of DateInterval objects, which might allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based buffer over-read) via a crafted interval specification.
- Fine Free file before 5.17 allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite recursion, CPU consumption, and crash) via a crafted indirect offset value in the magic of a file.
- softmagic.c in file before 5.17 and libmagic allows context-dependent attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds memory access and crash) via crafted offsets in the softmagic of a PE executable.
SolutionUpgrade to Solaris 188.8.131.52.0.