SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe Linux kernel was updated to fix security issues and bugs.
Security issues fixed: CVE-2014-3153: The futex_requeue function in kernel/futex.c in the Linux kernel did not ensure that calls have two different futex addresses, which allowed local users to gain privileges via a crafted FUTEX_REQUEUE command that facilitates unsafe waiter modification.
CVE-2014-3144: The (1) BPF_S_ANC_NLATTR and (2) BPF_S_ANC_NLATTR_NEST extension implementations in the sk_run_filter function in net/core/filter.c in the Linux kernel did not check whether a certain length value is sufficiently large, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (integer underflow and system crash) via crafted BPF instructions. NOTE: the affected code was moved to the
__skb_get_nlattr and __skb_get_nlattr_nest functions before the vulnerability was announced.
CVE-2014-3145: The BPF_S_ANC_NLATTR_NEST extension implementation in the sk_run_filter function in net/core/filter.c in the Linux kernel used the reverse order in a certain subtraction, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (over-read and system crash) via crafted BPF instructions. NOTE: the affected code was moved to the
__skb_get_nlattr_nest function before the vulnerability was announced.
CVE-2014-0077: drivers/vhost/net.c in the Linux kernel, when mergeable buffers are disabled, did not properly validate packet lengths, which allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption and host OS crash) or possibly gain privileges on the host OS via crafted packets, related to the handle_rx and get_rx_bufs functions.
CVE-2014-0055: The get_rx_bufs function in drivers/vhost/net.c in the vhost-net subsystem in the Linux kernel package did not properly handle vhost_get_vq_desc errors, which allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS crash) via unspecified vectors.
CVE-2014-2678: The rds_iw_laddr_check function in net/rds/iw.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a bind system call for an RDS socket on a system that lacks RDS transports.
CVE-2013-7339: The rds_ib_laddr_check function in net/rds/ib.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a bind system call for an RDS socket on a system that lacks RDS transports.
CVE-2014-2851: Integer overflow in the ping_init_sock function in net/ipv4/ping.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (use-after-free and system crash) or possibly gain privileges via a crafted application that leverages an improperly managed reference counter.
- ext4: Fix buffer double free in ext4_alloc_branch() (bnc#880599 bnc#876981).
- patches.fixes/firewire-01-net-fix-use-after-free.patch, patches.fixes/firewire-02-ohci-fix-probe-failure-with-ag ere-lsi-controllers.patch, patches.fixes/firewire-03-dont-use-prepare_delayed_work.
patch: Add missing bug reference (bnc#881697).
- firewire: don't use PREPARE_DELAYED_WORK.
- firewire: ohci: fix probe failure with Agere/LSI controllers.
- firewire: net: fix use after free.
- USB: OHCI: fix problem with global suspend on ATI controllers (bnc#868315).
- mm: revert 'page-writeback.c: subtract min_free_kbytes from dirtyable memory' (bnc#879792).
- usb: musb: tusb6010: Use musb->tusb_revision instead of tusb_get_revision call (bnc#872715).
- usb: musb: tusb6010: Add tusb_revision to struct musb to store the revision (bnc#872715).
- ALSA: hda - Fix onboard audio on Intel H97/Z97 chipsets (bnc#880613).
- floppy: do not corrupt bio.bi_flags when reading block 0 (bnc#879258).
- reiserfs: call truncate_setsize under tailpack mutex (bnc#878115).
- Update Xen config files: Set compatibility level back to 4.1 (bnc#851338).
- Update config files. Guillaume GARDET reported a broken build due to CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC being modular
- memcg: deprecate memory.force_empty knob (bnc#878274).
- nfsd: when reusing an existing repcache entry, unhash it first (bnc#877721).
- Enable Socketcan again for i386 and x86_64 (bnc#858067)
- xhci: extend quirk for Renesas cards (bnc#877713).
- xhci: Fix resume issues on Renesas chips in Samsung laptops (bnc#877713).
- mm: try_to_unmap_cluster() should lock_page() before mlocking (bnc#876102, CVE-2014-3122).
- drm/i915, HD-audio: Don't continue probing when nomodeset is given (bnc#882648).
- x86/mm/numa: Fix 32-bit kernel NUMA boot (bnc#881727).
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.