IBM DB2 9.8 <= Fix Pack 5 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 76115
SynopsisThe remote database server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version, the installation of IBM DB2 running on the remote host is version 9.8 prior or equal to Fix Pack 5. It is, therefore, affected by one or more of the following vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified error exists in the GSKit component when initiating SSL/TLS connections due to improper handling of malformed X.509 certificate chains. A remote attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service.
- Untrusted search path vulnerabilities exist in unspecified setuid and setgid programs that allow a local attacker to gain root privileges by using a trojan horse library. (CVE-2014-0907)
- An unspecified error exists in the reverse proxy GSKit component that allows a remote attacker to exhaust CPU resources by using crafted SSL messages, resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2014-0963)
- An unspecified error exists during the handling of SELECT statements with XML/XSLT functions that allows a remote attacker to gain access to arbitrary files.
- A flaw exists in the LUW component when handling SQL statements with unspecified Scaler functions. A remote, authenticated attacker can exploit this to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-0157)
- An unspecified flaw in the General Parallel File System (GPFS) allows a local attacker to gain root privileges.
- A flaw exists in the General Parallel File System (GPFS), related to certain cipherList configurations, that allows a remote attacker, using specially crafted data, to bypass authentication and execute arbitrary programs with root privileges. (CVE-2015-0198)
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the General Parallel File System (GPFS) that allows a local attacker to corrupt the kernel memory by sending crafted ioctl character device calls to the mmfslinux kernel module.
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the automated maintenance feature. An attacker with elevated privileges, by manipulating a stored procedure, can exploit this issue to disclose arbitrary files owned by the DB2 fenced ID on UNIX/Linux or the administrator on Windows. (CVE-2015-1883)
- A flaw exists in the Data Movement feature when handling specially crafted queries. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to delete database rows from a table without having the appropriate privileges.
- A flaw exists when handling SQL statements having unspecified LUW Scaler functions. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this to run arbitrary code, under the privileges of the DB2 instance owner, or to cause a denial of service. (CVE-2015-1935)
SolutionContact the vendor to obtain a special build with the interim fix.
Note that the vendor has posted a workaround for the build error issue (CVE-2014-0907) involving the command 'sqllib/bin/db2chglibpath'.
Please consult the advisory for detailed instructions.