SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE 12.1 kernel was updated to fix a severe secrutiy issue and various bugs.
Security issues fixed: CVE-2013-2094: The perf_swevent_init function in kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel used an incorrect integer data type, which allowed local users to gain privileges via a crafted perf_event_open system call.
CVE-2013-1774: The chase_port function in drivers/usb/serial/io_ti.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via an attempted /dev/ttyUSB read or write operation on a disconnected Edgeport USB serial converter.
CVE-2013-1928: The do_video_set_spu_palette function in fs/compat_ioctl.c in the Linux kernel lacked a certain error check, which might have allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory via a crafted VIDEO_SET_SPU_PALETTE ioctl call on a /dev/dvb device.
CVE-2013-1796: The kvm_set_msr_common function in arch/x86/kvm/x86.c in the Linux kernel did not ensure a required time_page alignment during an MSR_KVM_SYSTEM_TIME operation, which allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (buffer overflow and host OS memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application.
CVE-2013-1797: Use-after-free vulnerability in arch/x86/kvm/x86.c in the Linux kernel allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application that triggers use of a guest physical address (GPA) in (1) movable or (2) removable memory during an MSR_KVM_SYSTEM_TIME kvm_set_msr_common operation.
CVE-2013-1798: The ioapic_read_indirect function in virt/kvm/ioapic.c in the Linux kernel did not properly handle a certain combination of invalid IOAPIC_REG_SELECT and IOAPIC_REG_WINDOW operations, which allowed guest OS users to obtain sensitive information from host OS memory or cause a denial of service (host OS OOPS) via a crafted application.
CVE-2013-1767: Use-after-free vulnerability in the shmem_remount_fs function in mm/shmem.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (system crash) by remounting a tmpfs filesystem without specifying a required mpol (aka mempolicy) mount option.
CVE-2013-0913: Integer overflow in drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem_execbuffer.c in the i915 driver in the Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) subsystem in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (heap-based buffer overflow) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted application that triggers many relocation copies, and potentially leads to a race condition.
Bugs fixed :
- qlge: fix dma map leak when the last chunk is not allocated (bnc#819519).
- TTY: fix atime/mtime regression (bnc#815745).
- fs/compat_ioctl.c: VIDEO_SET_SPU_PALETTE missing error check (bnc#813735).
- USB: io_ti: Fix NULL dereference in chase_port() (bnc#806976, CVE-2013-1774).
- KVM: Convert MSR_KVM_SYSTEM_TIME to use gfn_to_hva_cache_init (bnc#806980 CVE-2013-1797).
- KVM: Fix bounds checking in ioapic indirect register read (bnc#806980 CVE-2013-1798).
- KVM: Fix for buffer overflow in handling of MSR_KVM_SYSTEM_TIME (bnc#806980 CVE-2013-1796).
- kabi/severities: Allow kvm module abi changes - modules are self consistent
- loopdev: fix a deadlock (bnc#809748).
- block: use i_size_write() in bd_set_size() (bnc#809748).
- drm/i915: bounds check execbuffer relocation count (bnc#808829,CVE-2013-0913).
- tmpfs: fix use-after-free of mempolicy object (bnc#806138, CVE-2013-1767).
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.