New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE 12.3 kernel was updated to fix a critical security issue, other security issues and several bugs.
Security issues fixed: CVE-2013-2094: The perf_swevent_init function in kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel used an incorrect integer data type, which allowed local users to gain privileges via a crafted perf_event_open system call.
CVE-2013-0290: The __skb_recv_datagram function in net/core/datagram.c in the Linux kernel did not properly handle the MSG_PEEK flag with zero-length data, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop and system hang) via a crafted application.
Bugs fixed :
- qlge: fix dma map leak when the last chunk is not allocated (bnc#819519).
- ACPI / thermal: do not always return THERMAL_TREND_RAISING for active trip points (bnc#820048).
- perf: Treat attr.config as u64 in perf_swevent_init() (bnc#819789, CVE-2013-2094).
- cxgb4: fix error recovery when t4_fw_hello returns a positive value (bnc#818497).
- kabi/severities: Ignore drivers/mfd/ucb1400_core It provides internal exports to UCB1400 drivers, that we have just disabled.
- Fix -devel package for armv7hl armv7hl kernel flavors in the non-multiplatform configuration (which is the default for our openSUSE 12.3 release), needs more header files from the machine specific directories to be included in kernel-devel.
- Update config files: disable UCB1400 on all but ARM Currently UCB1400 is only used on ARM OMAP systems, and part of the code is dead code that can't even be modularized.
- rpm/config.sh: Drop the ARM repository, the KOTD will build against the 'ports' repository of openSUSE:12.3
- mm/mmap: check for RLIMIT_AS before unmapping (bnc#818327).
- rpm/kernel-spec-macros: Properly handle KOTD release numbers with .g<commit> suffix
- rpm/kernel-spec-macros: Drop the %release_num macro We no longer put the -rcX tag into the release string.
- xen-pciback: notify hypervisor about devices intended to be assigned to guests.
- unix/stream: fix peeking with an offset larger than data in queue (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- unix/dgram: fix peeking with an offset larger than data in queue (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- unix/dgram: peek beyond 0-sized skbs (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- net: fix infinite loop in __skb_recv_datagram() (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- TTY: fix atime/mtime regression (bnc#815745).
- md/raid1,raid10: fix deadlock with freeze_array() (813889).
- md: raid1,10: Handle REQ_WRITE_SAME flag in write bios (bnc#813889).
- KMS: fix EDID detailed timing vsync parsing.
- KMS: fix EDID detailed timing frame rate.
- Add Netfilter/ebtables support Those modues are needed for proper OpenStack support on ARM, and are also enabled on x86(_64)
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.