openSUSE Security Update : kernel (openSUSE-SU-2013:0951-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 75016
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe openSUSE 12.3 kernel was updated to fix a critical security issue, other security issues and several bugs.
Security issues fixed: CVE-2013-2094: The perf_swevent_init function in kernel/events/core.c in the Linux kernel used an incorrect integer data type, which allowed local users to gain privileges via a crafted perf_event_open system call.
CVE-2013-0290: The __skb_recv_datagram function in net/core/datagram.c in the Linux kernel did not properly handle the MSG_PEEK flag with zero-length data, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop and system hang) via a crafted application.
Bugs fixed :
- qlge: fix dma map leak when the last chunk is not allocated (bnc#819519).
- ACPI / thermal: do not always return THERMAL_TREND_RAISING for active trip points (bnc#820048).
- perf: Treat attr.config as u64 in perf_swevent_init() (bnc#819789, CVE-2013-2094).
- cxgb4: fix error recovery when t4_fw_hello returns a positive value (bnc#818497).
- kabi/severities: Ignore drivers/mfd/ucb1400_core It provides internal exports to UCB1400 drivers, that we have just disabled.
- Fix -devel package for armv7hl armv7hl kernel flavors in the non-multiplatform configuration (which is the default for our openSUSE 12.3 release), needs more header files from the machine specific directories to be included in kernel-devel.
- Update config files: disable UCB1400 on all but ARM Currently UCB1400 is only used on ARM OMAP systems, and part of the code is dead code that can't even be modularized.
- rpm/config.sh: Drop the ARM repository, the KOTD will build against the 'ports' repository of openSUSE:12.3
- mm/mmap: check for RLIMIT_AS before unmapping (bnc#818327).
- rpm/kernel-spec-macros: Properly handle KOTD release numbers with .g<commit> suffix
- rpm/kernel-spec-macros: Drop the %release_num macro We no longer put the -rcX tag into the release string.
- xen-pciback: notify hypervisor about devices intended to be assigned to guests.
- unix/stream: fix peeking with an offset larger than data in queue (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- unix/dgram: fix peeking with an offset larger than data in queue (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- unix/dgram: peek beyond 0-sized skbs (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- net: fix infinite loop in __skb_recv_datagram() (bnc#803931 CVE-2013-0290).
- TTY: fix atime/mtime regression (bnc#815745).
- md/raid1,raid10: fix deadlock with freeze_array() (813889).
- md: raid1,10: Handle REQ_WRITE_SAME flag in write bios (bnc#813889).
- KMS: fix EDID detailed timing vsync parsing.
- KMS: fix EDID detailed timing frame rate.
- Add Netfilter/ebtables support Those modues are needed for proper OpenStack support on ARM, and are also enabled on x86(_64)
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.