New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is a version prior to 34.0.1847.116. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A use-after-free error exists in the included Flash version that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- A buffer overflow error exists in the included Flash version that could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- An unspecified error exists in the included Flash version that could allow a security bypass leading to information disclosure. (CVE-2014-0508)
- An unspecified error exists in the included Flash version that could allow cross-site scripting attacks.
- An unspecified flaw exists related to IPC message injection that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to bypass sandbox restrictions. (CVE-2014-1709)
- An input validation error exists that could allow universal cross-site scripting (UXSS) attacks.
- An integer overflow error exists related to the compositor. (CVE-2014-1718)
- Use-after-free errors exist related to web workers, DOM processing, rendering, speech handling and forms handling. (CVE-2014-1719, CVE-2014-1720, CVE-2014-1722, CVE-2014-1724, CVE-2014-1727)
- An URL confusion error exists related to handling RTL characters. (CVE-2014-1723)
- An out-of-bounds read error exists related to handling 'window property' processing. (CVE-2014-1725)
- An unspecified error exists that could allow local cross-origin bypasses. (CVE-2014-1726)
- Various, unspecified memory handling errors exist.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 34.0.1847.116 or later.