Firefox < 15.0 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 61715
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 15.0 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- An error exists related to 'Object.defineProperty' and the location object and can allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2012-1956)
- Unspecified memory safety issues exist. (CVE-2012-1970, CVE-2012-1971)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist. (CVE-2012-1972, CVE-2012-1973, CVE-2012-1974, CVE-2012-1975, CVE-2012-1976, CVE-2012-3956, CVE-2012-3957, CVE-2012-3958, CVE-2012-3959, CVE-2012-3960, CVE-2012-3961, CVE-2012-3962, CVE-2012-3963, CVE-2012-3964)
- An error exists related to 'about:newtab' and the browser's history. This error can allow a newly opened tab to further open a new window and navigate to the privileged 'about:newtab' page leading to possible privilege escalation. (CVE-2012-3965)
- An error exists related to bitmap (BMP) and icon (ICO) file decoding that can lead to memory corruption causing application crashes and potentially arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-3966)
- A use-after-free error exists related to WebGL shaders.
- A buffer overflow exists related to SVG filters.
- A use-after-free error exists related to elements having 'requiredFeatures' attributes. (CVE-2012-3970)
- A 'Graphite 2' library memory corruption error exists.
- An XSLT out-of-bounds read error exists related to 'format-number'. (CVE-2012-3972)
- Remote debugging is possible even when disabled and the 'HTTPMonitor' extension is enabled. (CVE-2012-3973)
- The installer can be ticked into running unauthorized executables. (CVE-2012-3974)
- The DOM parser can unintentionally load linked resources in extensions. (CVE-2012-3975)
- Incorrect SSL certificate information can be displayed in the address bar when two 'onLocationChange' events fire out of order. (CVE-2012-3976)
- Security checks related to location objects can be bypassed if crafted calls are made to the browser chrome code. (CVE-2012-3978)
- Calling 'eval' in the web console can allow injected code to be executed with browser chrome privileges.
- SPDY's request header compression leads to information leakage, which can allow private data such as session cookies to be extracted, even over an SSL connection.
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 15.0 or later.