SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 15.0 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- An error exists related to 'Object.defineProperty' and the location object and can allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2012-1956)
- Unspecified memory safety issues exist. (CVE-2012-1970, CVE-2012-1971)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist. (CVE-2012-1972, CVE-2012-1973, CVE-2012-1974, CVE-2012-1975, CVE-2012-1976, CVE-2012-3956, CVE-2012-3957, CVE-2012-3958, CVE-2012-3959, CVE-2012-3960, CVE-2012-3961, CVE-2012-3962, CVE-2012-3963, CVE-2012-3964)
- An error exists related to 'about:newtab' and the browser's history. This error can allow a newly opened tab to further open a new window and navigate to the privileged 'about:newtab' page leading to possible privilege escalation. (CVE-2012-3965)
- An error exists related to bitmap (BMP) and icon (ICO) file decoding that can lead to memory corruption causing application crashes and potentially arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-3966)
- A use-after-free error exists related to WebGL shaders.
- A buffer overflow exists related to SVG filters.
- A use-after-free error exists related to elements having 'requiredFeatures' attributes. (CVE-2012-3970)
- A 'Graphite 2' library memory corruption error exists.
- An XSLT out-of-bounds read error exists related to 'format-number'. (CVE-2012-3972)
- Remote debugging is possible even when disabled and the 'HTTPMonitor' extension is enabled. (CVE-2012-3973)
- The installer can be ticked into running unauthorized executables. (CVE-2012-3974)
- The DOM parser can unintentionally load linked resources in extensions. (CVE-2012-3975)
- Incorrect SSL certificate information can be displayed in the address bar when two 'onLocationChange' events fire out of order. (CVE-2012-3976)
- Security checks related to location objects can be bypassed if crafted calls are made to the browser chrome code. (CVE-2012-3978)
- Calling 'eval' in the web console can allow injected code to be executed with browser chrome privileges.
- SPDY's request header compression leads to information leakage, which can allow private data such as session cookies to be extracted, even over an SSL connection.
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 15.0 or later.
File Name: mozilla_firefox_150.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Required KB Items: Mozilla/Firefox/Version
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 8/28/2012
Vulnerability Publication Date: 8/28/2012
CVE: CVE-2012-1956, CVE-2012-1970, CVE-2012-1971, CVE-2012-1972, CVE-2012-1973, CVE-2012-1974, CVE-2012-1975, CVE-2012-1976, CVE-2012-3956, CVE-2012-3957, CVE-2012-3958, CVE-2012-3959, CVE-2012-3960, CVE-2012-3961, CVE-2012-3962, CVE-2012-3963, CVE-2012-3964, CVE-2012-3965, CVE-2012-3966, CVE-2012-3968, CVE-2012-3969, CVE-2012-3970, CVE-2012-3971, CVE-2012-3972, CVE-2012-3973, CVE-2012-3974, CVE-2012-3975, CVE-2012-3976, CVE-2012-3978, CVE-2012-3980, CVE-2012-4930
BID: 55249, 55256, 55257, 55260, 55264, 55266, 55274, 55276, 55278, 55292, 55304, 55306, 55308, 55310, 55311, 55312, 55313, 55314, 55316, 55317, 55318, 55319, 55320, 55321, 55322, 55323, 55324, 55325, 55340, 55341, 55342
CWE: 20, 74, 79, 442, 629, 711, 712, 722, 725, 750, 751, 800, 801, 809, 811, 864, 900, 928, 931, 990