SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in PHP, the web scripting language. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following issues :
- CVE-2011-1072 It was discovered that insecure handling of temporary files in the PEAR installer could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2011-4153 Maksymilian Arciemowicz discovered that a NULL pointer dereference in the zend_strndup() function could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2012-0781 Maksymilian Arciemowicz discovered that a NULL pointer dereference in the tidy_diagnose() function could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2012-0788 It was discovered that missing checks in the handling of PDORow objects could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2012-0831 It was discovered that the magic_quotes_gpc setting could be disabled remotely.
This update also addresses PHP bugs, which are not treated as security issues in Debian (see README.Debian.security), but which were fixed nonetheless: CVE-2010-4697, CVE-2011-1092, CVE-2011-1148, CVE-2011-1464, CVE-2011-1467 CVE-2011-1468, CVE-2011-1469, CVE-2011-1470, CVE-2011-1657, CVE-2011-3182 CVE-2011-3267
SolutionUpgrade the php5 packages.
For the stable distribution (squeeze), this problem has been fixed in version 5.3.3-7+squeeze8.