New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in PHP, the web scripting language. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following issues :
- CVE-2011-1072 It was discovered that insecure handling of temporary files in the PEAR installer could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2011-4153 Maksymilian Arciemowicz discovered that a NULL pointer dereference in the zend_strndup() function could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2012-0781 Maksymilian Arciemowicz discovered that a NULL pointer dereference in the tidy_diagnose() function could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2012-0788 It was discovered that missing checks in the handling of PDORow objects could lead to denial of service.
- CVE-2012-0831 It was discovered that the magic_quotes_gpc setting could be disabled remotely.
This update also addresses PHP bugs, which are not treated as security issues in Debian (see README.Debian.security), but which were fixed nonetheless: CVE-2010-4697, CVE-2011-1092, CVE-2011-1148, CVE-2011-1464, CVE-2011-1467 CVE-2011-1468, CVE-2011-1469, CVE-2011-1470, CVE-2011-1657, CVE-2011-3182 CVE-2011-3267
SolutionUpgrade the php5 packages.
For the stable distribution (squeeze), this problem has been fixed in version 5.3.3-7+squeeze8.