SuSE 10 Security Update : mozilla-nss (ZYPP Patch Number 7842)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 57226
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis update to version 3.13.1 of mozilla-nss fixes the following issues :
- Explicitly distrust DigiCert Sdn. Bhd (bmo#698753)
- Better SHA-224 support (bmo#647706)
- Fix a regression (causing hangs in some situations) introduced in 3.13 (bmo#693228)
- SSL 2.0 is disabled by default
- A defense against the SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 CBC chosen plaintext attack demonstrated by Rizzo and Duong (CVE-2011-3389) has been enabled by default. Set the SSL_CBC_RANDOM_IV SSL option to PR_FALSE to disable it.
- Support SHA-224
- Add PORT_ErrorToString and PORT_ErrorToName to return the error message and symbolic name of an NSS error code
- Add NSS_GetVersion to return the NSS version string
- Add experimental support of RSA-PSS to the softoken only
- NSS_NoDB_Init does not try to open /pkcs11.txt and /secmod.db anymore (bmo#641052)
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7842.