SuSE 10 Security Update : Xen (ZYPP Patch Number 7703)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 56618
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis update fixes various bugs in XEN :
The following security issues have been fixed :
- A denial of service (Host Crash) in the XEN hypervisor.
- A bug was found in the way Xen handles CPUID instruction emulation during VM exits. An unprivileged guest user can potentially use this flaw to crash the guest.
- A 64-bit guest can get one of its vcpus into non-kernel mode without first providing a valid non-kernel pagetable. The observed failure mode was usually a hard lockup of the host (host denial of service).
It fixes also the following bugs :
- SLES 10 SP3 XEN: Device /dev/xvdp is already connected error when starting multiple vm's. (bnc#654798)
- HVM taking too long to dump vmcore. (bnc#684297)
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7703.