New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis kernel update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3 kernel fixes several security issues and bugs.
The following security issues have been fixed :
- A signedness issue in CIFS could possibly have lead to to memory corruption, if a malicious server could send crafted replies to the host. (CVE-2011-3191)
- Timo Warns reported an issue in the Linux implementation for GUID partitions. Users with physical access could gain access to sensitive kernel memory by adding a storage device with a specially crafted corrupted invalid partition table. (CVE-2011-1776)
- The dccp_rcv_state_process function in net/dccp/input.c in the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) implementation in the Linux kernel did not properly handle packets for a CLOSED endpoint, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) by sending a DCCP-Close packet followed by a DCCP-Reset packet. (CVE-2011-1093)
- Integer overflow in the agp_generic_insert_memory function in drivers/char/agp/generic.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (system crash) via a crafted AGPIOC_BIND agp_ioctl ioctl call. (CVE-2011-1745)
- Multiple integer overflows in the (1) agp_allocate_memory and (2) agp_create_user_memory functions in drivers/char/agp/generic.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to trigger buffer overflows, and consequently cause a denial of service (system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact, via vectors related to calls that specify a large number of memory pages. (CVE-2011-1746)
- The agp_generic_remove_memory function in drivers/char/agp/generic.c in the Linux kernel before 22.214.171.124 did not validate a certain start parameter, which allowed local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (system crash) via a crafted AGPIOC_UNBIND agp_ioctl ioctl call, a different vulnerability than CVE-2011-1745. (CVE-2011-2022)
- The do_task_stat function in fs/proc/array.c in the Linux kernel did not perform an expected uid check, which made it easier for local users to defeat the ASLR protection mechanism by reading the start_code and end_code fields in the /proc/#####/stat file for a process executing a PIE binary. (CVE-2011-0726)
- The normal mmap paths all avoid creating a mapping where the pgoff inside the mapping could wrap around due to overflow. However, an expanding mremap() can take such a non-wrapping mapping and make it bigger and cause a wrapping condition. (CVE-2011-2496)
- A local unprivileged user able to access a NFS filesystem could use file locking to deadlock parts of an nfs server under some circumstance. (CVE-2011-2491)
- The code for evaluating LDM partitions (in fs/partitions/ldm.c) contained bugs that could crash the kernel for certain corrupted LDM partitions.
(CVE-2011-1017 / CVE-2011-2182)
- When using a setuid root mount.cifs, local users could hijack password protected mounted CIFS shares of other local users. (CVE-2011-1585)
Also following non-security bugs were fixed :
- patches.suse/fs-proc-vmcorec-add-hook-to-read_from_oldme m-to-check-for-non-ram-pages.patch: fs/proc/vmcore.c:
add hook to read_from_oldmem() to check for non-ram pages. (bnc#684297)
- patches.xen/1062-xenbus-dev-leak.patch: xenbus: Fix memory leak on release.
- patches.xen/1074-xenbus_conn-type.patch: xenbus: fix type inconsistency with xenbus_conn().
blkfront: fix data size for xenbus_gather in connect().
xenbus: fix xenbus_transaction_start() hang caused by double xenbus_transaction_end().
- patches.xen/1089-blkback-barrier-check.patch: blkback:
dont fail empty barrier requests.
- patches.xen/1091-xenbus-dev-no-BUG.patch: xenbus: dont BUG() on user mode induced conditions. (bnc#696107)
blkfront: avoid NULL de-reference in CDROM ioctl handling. (bnc#701355)
- patches.xen/1102-x86-max-contig-order.patch: x86: use dynamically adjusted upper bound for contiguous regions.
-values.patch: x86: sanitize user specified e820 memmap values. (bnc#665543)
-making-progress: Fix typo, which was uncovered in debug mode.
- patches.fixes/pacct-fix-sighand-siglock-usage.patch: Fix sighand->siglock usage in kernel/acct.c. (bnc#705463)
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7734.