New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 9.4
SynopsisThe version of Adobe Reader on the remote Mac OS X host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Adobe Reader installed on the remote Mac OS X host is prior to 10.1.1, 9.4.6, or 8.3.1. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified error exists that allows an attacker to bypass security restrictions, resulting in code execution. (CVE-2011-2431)
- Multiple buffer overflow conditions exists that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2011-2432, CVE-2011-2435)
- Multiple heap overflow conditions exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2011-2433, CVE-2011-2434, CVE-2011-2436, CVE-2011-2437)
- Multiple stack overflow conditions exist that allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2011-2438)
- An error exists related to memory leak issues that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
- A use-after-free error exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2011-2440)
- Multiple errors exist in the CoolType.dll library that can allow stack overflow conditions, resulting in code execution. (CVE-2011-2441)
- A logic error exists that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2011-2442)
- Multiple vulnerabilities exist, as noted in APSB11-21, that can allow an attacker to take control of the affected system or cause the application to crash.
(CVE-2011-2130, CVE-2011-2134, CVE-2011-2135, CVE-2011-2136, CVE-2011-2137, CVE-2011-2138, CVE-2011-2139, CVE-2011-2140, CVE-2011-2414, CVE-2011-2415, CVE-2011-2416, CVE-2011-2417, CVE-2011-2425, CVE-2011-2424)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Adobe Reader version 10.1.1 / 9.4.6 / 8.3.1 or later.